What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sam did you build your Monte at 80% scale...looks a bit smaller than the ones on either side of you... laugh

062447ED-B16D-4075-AC10-D6414C42A35E_zps

It... really does seem a bit smaller... must be the color. Is blue slimming? >.> <.<

Wow Sam it really does look that way. That must be why you went with 3.5" exhaust, so it so it would at least have the biggest bark.

It was rolling chassis day for the 72. Still looking to lower in the rear then it currently sits. 10345753_777820732252902_850523048198195

Looking good ERT!! With all that power I see you are going to add a chain around the A piller.

I used the Autolite platinum like they suggest, very happy with the results

Just installed the Autolite platinums, dialed in the timing and she runs so much better. I think I added at least 25hp, the engine idles so smooth now and pulls much stronger. The 273s are working much better for me now.

I would encourage anyone who is thinking of going with a DUI distributor to seriously consider it. More expensive then some of the alternatives but I am very happy I spent the extra cash.

Buy direct as they will set it up for your car.

On a separate note I paid my dues and joined FGMCC a month ago and haven't heard anything back yet?

spoony

On the weekend I sanded and painted the factory air cleaner for the 71. I'll let it cure a while before putting on the new stickers.

Are there any tricks to putting on the metal clip for the breather filter so it does not scratch up the air cleaner as it slides into place?

I'm posting these pics for Dan Ruland, (Dans '70 Z20). This is his SS454 that he and Steve Levanti have been building. It's almost done. Looking awesome, fellas! I'd love to see both cars in person. 2beers

Dan

409559488.jpg

409559490.jpg

409559489.jpg

Quote:
Are there any tricks to putting on the metal clip for the breather filter so it does not scratch up the air cleaner as it slides into place?

Aaron, you could use clear tape in that area.

Dan

Thanks for posting the pics Dan. For those that are not familiar with Steves car my Monte is on left …. Steves on right in the driveway photo.

Once this is all over I guess I will have to learn how to post pics here. LOL

Been busy

- getting title for trailer I purchased in January (long story) GOT IT TWO WEEKS AGO

- dealing with contractor on re-do/whos responsible for patio poured in Sept that had a footing lift over winter and crack everywhere. COMPLETED TUESDAY

- completing my car and some final issues bing dealt with. (SOOOOO…N !)

I will be free to learn all that is needed upon my return from Carlisle. I will be bored and stress free!

Dan

Thanks Mike.

Still needs to be determined if I need another 1" of backspacing in front. Due to suspension upgrades and altered pivot points top of my tires should roll in with suspension travel rather than roll out like stock set up.

My suspension guy thinks I should be fine based on a few dimensions I shared with him. He's done this more than a few times. LOL

A Performance wheel alignment next week will answer the question.

The steering wheel is a grant wheel with a lacquered wood rim. Gives the wheel a good thickness for us large guys and looks similar to a cushion grip.

The day is near!

Dan

Got the wheel tubs in for the 72 on Tuesday and been busy getting them installed. I finally got the power window in the 70 fixed and the door panel back on but hit a bump in the road the key less enter doesn't seen to work since the battery went dead so that the next item on the list to fix.

Spent the last couple days cleaning , polishing and waxing so that we could look our best for Bow Ties On The Hill today.

Finished sanding vinyl top trim and Drip rail moldings. Will be painting the blk on top moldings tomorrow and installing cross flags emblems on sides of cowl hood.

Steve was busy. After car being in sun we had some shrinking on hood. Had to start back at 1500 then 3000 then 5000 with machine. Then twice with polishing compound, twice with Hand Glaze and twice with wax. The hood is absolutely beautiful. We are hoping thats it for shrinking. Tomorrow will give us the answer. Carlisle here we come.

Just waiting on PDL harness and a wheel alignment then we are 100% !

Dan