I hope -I think I have an TRUE '71 SS!!!!!

Capri's 71 SS

Capri, congratulations to you and your husband on the SS! I found 2 build sheets in our car. I looked for them about 7 or 8 yrs ago and they were under one of the seats. One was for our car and the other was for a different Monte. I took them out and since then, mice chewed up the one for our car. frown

Leo, our 71 small block car is a Kansas City built car and it doesn't have the L.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I love most about my car? It's that it is NOT a SHOW car so I can enjoy driving it & be relaxed without worrying about every little thing. I think that is the best!

*nods*

I'm the same way.... None of my MCs are show worthy ... but, I prefer it that way so I can drive 'em more wink .

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us" ... Mat Kearney ... 'Nothing Left To Lose'

Congradulations on the purchase sounds like you are really pleased. I don't think chevy identified water pumps as standard and heavy duty. They did identify standard and heavy duty cooling and that had more to do with radiator size. There are many outlets for the water pump from you local parts store to the mail order. I try to go with the better brands at the local parts stores.

My husband is going to buy it new from the local parts store so he doesn't have to turn in the original water pump from my car or pay an outrageous core charge. When he called around everyone gave him 2 prices - standard & heavy duty......

When he called around everyone gave him 2 prices - standard & heavy duty......

HEAVY DUTY WATER PUMP (Increased Cooling capacity/heavy duty components).

I would go with the heavy duty water pump... smile

I didn't realize there was an option for standard and heavy duty water pumps. Maybe there is a different impeller inside or something? Different bearings? Who knows, maybe its just a longer warranty on the HD pump.

I guess either pump will fit and work, so given the choices....why go standard when you can have heavy duty?

I know how it feels wondering if you got the real meal deal. I didnt know that the junk heap Monte was a SS454 untill I found the build sheet on top of gas tank. Nice find and enjoy your one 1919 SS454's built. Here is a picture of the "Parchment". ea3858e8.jpgfgmcc

Tim,

Very nice lookin' Monte you have! I am surprised you were unaware of what you had until you came across the build sheet - why is that?

I shouldn't admit this - as my husband says I will be kicked off the site for it (LOL!) but when I viewed the pics of your Monte I really loved the color of your block! I told my husband it was a really pretty champagne color! He looked at the pics & chuckled and told me it is just bare metal shocked - I still like it!

Okay Capri here's how you become an instant millionaire. Figure out how to bottle up that awsome car enthusiasm you have displayed here on this thread. Then sell your product to 90% of the car guys out there whos spouses could care less about cars. Instant wealth! Beautiful car by the way. I am kind of partial to triple black 71 montes. Happy for you folks that it turned out to be a real SS. I'm patiently waiting for Mud Season to end so I can test run some winter repairs.

XXXXXXX: Awww, thank you so much for the sweet reply! I truley am so very excited - everytime I go out into the garage I just smile & glow!

I have always shared my husbands enthusiasm & love for cars but honestly, not to THIS extent. We've entered a whole new level & he is enjoying every moment of it!

• 3 years later...

Today I found & printed out my VERY FIRST Post from here on the FGMCC - kind-a cool to me since it is when it all began grin the car and most importantly, the club. I think its kind-a cool that 7,384 posts later my original post still exists.

Thought I would print this before it gets deleted.

Glad it was still here smile

It is also funny to read how I responded to everyone via their board name and how friendly everyone was to me since day 1 smile

Seems as if your enthusiasm has not tempered a bit. That is the most impressive part. Very cool how it all started for you.

There are so many stories that have been shared on this forum and so many that have yet to be told which means we have alot to look forward to in the future. I wonder who is next?

Capri,

I have to say I enjoyed re reading this post. I followed the post back in 2007 when you signed on but for some reason never replied to it then, oh well to busy reading the post I guess lol

I remember how you were so determined to find out if your car was an SS, heck now I can't even remember your original screen name. lol

Capri,

I have to say I enjoyed re reading this post. I followed the post back in 2007 when you signed on but for some reason never replied to it then, oh well to busy reading the post I guess lol

I remember how you were so determined to find out if your car was an SS, heck now I can't even remember your original screen name. lol

I remember this thread. Very cool Capri. Back then I noticed your screen name was "MyMonte". I like "Capri's 71 SS" better. cool How long before you changed it? After you found it was a true SS? Its fun to read old posts. Im pretty sure none of mine are around from 2001. grin

Ah yes, I remember when this all started, Cap. I'm glad you've still got the enthusiasm and the Monte sure has come a long way. And over 7k posts now! You left me in the dust!

~ Z

It was cool to read that again, funny to see how I was talking to you for the first time not knowing you... laugh

Pretty cool reading through that. There is alot of names we dont see much anymore. I actually just hunted down Darrell recently through an email address, he said he has been very busy and considering selling off his Monte. Lots of other names that I used to chat with, I hope all is well with the past friends of the board,and they turn up again. Odd how Robyn was the first response to Capri's post!

Yah seeing Robyn's post gave me a huge smile - Sorry Sam...you're stuck with me wink And Bill - yep you ended up seeing more of me than you thought! And look what great friends Lisa & I ended up being! smile

• 2 weeks later...