What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

That looks great Sam, I hope its ready for em I really want to see that one.

I was careful not to bump into mine with the snow blower as I went out to do the driveway :(   I haven't even gone down to work on the fenders eather  its been to cold and I don't feel like turning on the heat to be out there for just a few minutes. It will warm up soon, I booked a trip to Virginia beach in April to get away for a few days, cant wait for that.

I was careful not to bump into mine with the snow blower as I went out to do the driveway :(

Funny you mention that...as I just replaced my Monte's fire extinguisher today that I frantically took out of my car less than a week ago to put out my snowblower that caught fire in my driveway.  :B

I normally have one by the garage door but i used it like a year before and never replaced it. I am a firm believer now on how important they are. Not only did I replace the one in the Monte but also the one by the garage door and one for inside the house... :)

Dropped the dash with my son in-law Jamey's help and installed the LED's in the cluster. I can actually see the speedometer now and everything else. While we were putting it all back together the wire from the trunk release that is in the glove box got pinched and shorted out the truck release mechanism. Blew two 25 amp fuses, replaced the fuses and now the trunk release does not work. It got so hot you could not touch it without getting burnt so I think it is fried. I fired off an email to Tom to check on the price of a replacement. Tomorrow I will take out the mechanism and have a give it a good look over. The LED's made a huge difference a lot brighter than the old bulbs and we only had four in backwards which is a feat in itself. :rofl:

finding a clear windshield is next to impossible, but my glass guy found me one, even with the correct GM logos on it, this monte came with all clear glass, only the windshield has been replaced, all other glass is original

I agree.  The car looks great so far!  Hope it makes an appearance at the Dream Cruise!

Conrad

Well, as the salt truck went by for the fifth time, and dumped another ton or so of salt in front of my house, I wandered if the roads will be free from salt by the time the carlisle eastern meet is here? I don't think we can possibly get enough rain to was it all away! You should see our poor daily drivers, so covered in salt I refuse to even pull the MINI in the garage near the Monte, I can hear the salt and brine eating away at them!

Much salt here too....I can't imaging what the New England area will look like after all this.  That area may still have melting snow into July in areas they are trying to use to transport it to so they can have clear roads.

Rob

Finished the install of the Cruise Control and now waiting for weather to improve to see if it works properly.  Tomorrow looks promising for it.  Had the engine tuned professionally several weeks ago and discovered one of the distributor cap lock down screws had not been secured, so fixed that.  One of the power seat switch screws securing it to the seat apron was not holding the switch securely so fixed that and also one of the mud skirts screws needed secured better as it was not holding firmly.  Also during inspection, there was a lot of oil laying on the tranny pan and around flywheel inspection plate/  Could not find any evidence of leakage and decided it was the result of the for mentioned tune up when distributor was removed slopping oil down back side of engine.  Wiped all down and will keep an eye on it just in case.  Topped off fluids and spent additional time scrapping embedded dirt from grill grates showing the chrome again.  There are 60 grates in the grill and I have about 24 of them mostly done.

With the advent of the cruise control done, I have no other major improvements left FINALLY!  Now maybe I can spend more time in it instead of under it.

One gnawing issue I do have is when I replaced the 350 CI with the 402 CI, I did not realize the factory 350 Tach and the 402 Tach were 500 RPM different at reline.  I had dash out a few years ago and had I known, would have changed it.  So, if the opportunity should present itself in the future, I will make that correct.

Any future work (hopefully) will be devoted to cleaning and polishing.  Should be ready to roll for the WM. :cool:

Doug  

Pulling the 700r4 again so the trans guy can see what he messed up.Has anyone used the TCI Constant valve body for a 700r4 before.Been fighting this since Nov8.Tired of messing with this guy.Next time will go to Summit and get one for my 35

UPS delivered the Classic Auto Air system today.  I went with a hybrid kit flavor...   consisting of the Custom Colder Elite evaporator, as I wanted to run the hoses under the fender and the Custom setup doesn't sprout the A/C and heater lines out of the firewall right adjacent to the headers.  To this, I had them add the balance of the perfect-fit SS A/C-car install kit and direct electronic controls.

I am thrilled at the way the evaporator unit tucks up tight against the wall under the dash... it leaves lots of room around it to run hoses, speakers, an MSD box and fuse panels, and looks like it was always meant to be there.  (Only about an inch and a half of the box is visible under the dash and it clears the glove box with an inch of clearance with no need to hack it all up as others do!) 

• Like 2

UPS delivered the Classic Auto Air system today.  I went with a hybrid kit flavor...   consisting of the Custom Colder Elite evaporator, as I wanted to run the hoses under the fender and the Custom setup doesn't sprout the A/C and heater lines out of the firewall right adjacent to the headers.  To this, I had them add the balance of the perfect-fit SS A/C-car install kit and direct electronic controls.

I am thrilled at the way the evaporator unit tucks up tight against the wall under the dash... it leaves lots of room around it to run hoses, speakers, an MSD box and fuse panels, and looks like it was always meant to be there.  (Only about an inch and a half of the box is visible under the dash and it clears the glove box with an inch of clearance with no need to hack it all up as others do!) 

Can I get a few pics of this ac system...I will be in the market to upgrade mine soon. or can I get a link where you bought it from? 

• Like 1