What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Man that tank looks like it is in great shape! I would clean that one up and POR15 it

I am going to power wash it and see what it looks like. When I pulled the sending unit the screen was missing and the arm had no resistance at all. A total open ckt. The inside looks pretty good yet so I may reuse it. But for now a new one is on the way and while I wait I am going to replace all the brittle hoses. This thing sure has a lot of vent lines....must be that it was built in Van Nuys CA.?

Ant suggestions on how to clean up the build sheet? Man is it ever delicate after 45 years above the tank. I want to try and save it for future use if possible.

Slowly making way on the 72, waiting on the booster and master cylinder to come in which I hope is some time this week might not have a motor but she will stop lol. Been trying to figure out if I so go with the stock style firewall padding and cowl padding or got with the plastic style firewall padding and the cowl padding. I don't have to worry about the heater box as the box and heater core has been removed.QUIETRIDE SOLUTIONS GMF-6769-CCK_280x280.jpg  GMA-6872-HC_373x280.jpg or stock padding IDJ-83_280x280.jpg  IRE-7281_373x280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took the 72 out for a drive today and was gone for an hour. Got home and Glendia asked where have you been? Looked at her and said where do you think I've been driving a semi. :rofl: . That went over like a lead balloon. She said if'n she know'ed I was gonna be gone that long she would have rode along. Just cruised some local neighborhoods and really enjoyed driving the car again.

• Like 1

Yesterday we rolled the 72 outside so we could put the block in a out of the way while we think on what we are going to do.

post-26-0-16725400-1427120782_thumb.jpg

Went ahead and stuck a kick panel in just to see how well it ties the carpet and dash pad together, not really happy with the firewall padding but the time the dash goes in you wont see it.

post-26-0-92083700-1427120806_thumb.jpg

Front fender still needs some love along with the front part of the door.

post-26-0-75649200-1427120824_thumb.jpg

Back seat springs and the padding behind the seat in place along with some left over door panels.

post-26-0-39488300-1427120846_thumb.jpg

Trying to see what all needs to be address on the front metal plus use it as a guide for the hood (don't mind the soda can).

post-26-0-66162700-1427120876_thumb.jpg

Exhaust might be a little low wont know until the headers are hooked back up to the motor.

post-26-0-66066100-1427120895_thumb.jpg

In a couple of days I hope to have to exhaust tips in from Stainless Works exhaust tip should be 11" wide which will take away from the tire maybe.post-26-0-56702500-1427120921_thumb.jpg

So......  today I grew that snowball a little bigger.     As you can see by the photo in the sig,  the '72 was already riding a bit high due to the performance springs.  In anticipation of swapping the new 17" wheels and Michelins, which will increase the ride by an additional 1 3/4",  I dropped the front suspension in order to install +.500" tall lower ball joints and BMR 2" drop springs.

P3275879_zpsmvdbl3se.jpg

Thank goodness the Western Meet is still 90 days away....   I'll need every bit of it to put this project back together!

• Like 1

Just finished installing my rear sway bar, I boxed the original lower control arms and put new bushing in everything went in great and I didn't have to beat on it with a big hammer.

Leo

• Like 2

Took the Monte for a little ride around town....sure feels good to get behind the wheel. Figured I would get it out since it was such a nice day and it will be going into the body shop for a couple weeks and replacing the rear quarters.

20150328_145951_zpse9otz2qa.jpg

20150328_150006_zpsp2ttf2he.jpg

• Like 1

Took the Monte for a little ride around town....sure feels good to get behind the wheel. Figured I would get it out since it was such a nice day and it will be going into the body shop for a couple weeks and replacing the rear quarters.20150328_145951_zpse9otz2qa.jpg20150328_150006_zpsp2ttf2he.jpg

I thought you had decided to wait to have the rear quarters during the winter months.

Rob

I thought you had decided to wait to have the rear quarters during the winter months.

Rob

he made me a deal I couldn't refuse....he said about 2 week turnaround. Plus he going to put on my new moldings... I can go 2 more weeks without my car.
  • Like 1

Rock, many of us in the north won't even be putting our batteries in and uncovering for another week or two anyway. You will still have all the best part of Monte Season ahead of you and she'll look pretty as can be with the new quarters. :)

I did take it for a brief cruise, first time started since New Years,

Still way too much salt and debris on the roads I determined, as the new tires seem to like to grab everything and sandblast my rocker moldings! I stayed local, cruised through a state park and got a few thumbs up, man it felt good to be behind that wheel again!

I rolled this one outside today while it was warm. Got most all of its parts back on it or in it.attachicon.gifoutside.jpg

I love your Parking Brake ERT!!! :):) I used to drive a Volkswagon that had the same brand of P-brake.

rob

No wonder you're smiling, Al ... gorgeous '70 that looks and is wicked fast!  Is that an electric cutout peeking out underneath?

its a cut out but not electric..Funny you should ask Dennis Ive been waiting on my electric cutouts in the mail.should be here soon!