What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Pushed my son-in-law, Adam to finish installing the 468inmy '70 in time for Carlisle, even though it will not have paint or redone interior.

At least it is on motor and trans mounts!

Once, again got a promise from the body shop guy to have the '71 ready, even though he's had her since Feb 2013. At least he stores her inside! I should have just lived with the star fishing paint!

Waxed the '72Vette! sent her to shop for minor stuff. Like shifter, tie rod ends, high pressure power steering hose, speedo cable, etc.

She'll be ready.

Pray for a Monte to be ready!

thanks,

jim

:dt.

Drove mine for 2nd day this week. I had to pick up my oldest daughter after school today so she's very happy I drive the Monte. Sitting outside school in line now waiting for her. Beautiful day for a ride for sure

My 72 is getting the new bling AC compressor today. Supposed to have it over there Monday and misunderstood him. Thought he said Tuesday but he said he was busy tuesday danged hearing aid. :rofl:

Formed and flared NiCopp brake lines from the new master cylinder to the front C6 calipers.  Man I love this stuff!!!   It bends and flares so beautifully... and will never rust.

Formed and flared NiCopp brake lines from the new master cylinder to the front C6 calipers.  Man I love this stuff!!!   It bends and flares so beautifully... and will never rust.

I've never heard of that, for ever we were told copper can not be used on brake lines, I actually thought it was a state law because we used to be able to fail a car on NYSI if copper was used on brake lines. I assume you still have to double flair the ends? Sounds like its nice to work with.

This is indeed nice to work with Steve.   It's as strong as steel lines in its ability to hold pressure, yet it is like 60% easier to bend and flare than steel.  Double flaring is required, but it is performed so easily with NiCopp.  I think that Volvo is considered by many to be one of the safest cars on the road, and they have used NiCopp for forty years.

The material looks like polished stainless but has a very slight rose hue.   Doug

Gonna have to put that somewhere I can remember it for when I need it thanks Doug. I got my trailer wiring done tonight so I guess thats ready now I just have to get trailer ready. It just never ends, and I've gotta get my spring stuff done around the houst and tear down the pool.

Picked up the dash for the 72 from another member last night. Came home from signing papers for my new job and painted the dash black so it matches the rest of the interior. I won't be using the burlwood panel in this Monte going to do the field where the gauges in a carbon fiber system. 11170357_963312860370354_313963680330797 The cent vent is just for looks along with the a/c heat control panel. Slowly but surely the interior is coming together.

Got the neutral safety switch working for the floor shift. Had to do some minor adjustments after wiring it up. The car would start in drive and park  but not neutral, after some fine tuning the backup lights work and the neutral safety switch is doing what it is designed to do. The chrome A/C compressor works better than the original A6 did.

Didnt have mine out today but I started the reconstruction of my trailer, gonna bring the sides up higher and put a top on it. Just had a cargo net over the top last year and sometimes stuff blows out, I didnt like that along with loosing stuff it wasnt safe for others.

For the first time in weeks I was able to do some work on my engine compartment.  I think I have gotten it de-greased enough to start masking things off to start doing some detail painting on the engine so I can start putting things back together and get ready for the Eastern Meet and summer driving.

Rob

• Like 1

Spent my day searching for a water leak and think it was found.  The thermostat gasket (I think) was leaking.  So replaced the gasket, vacuumed her out and worked on polishing front grill.  Turned out be a gorgeous day.  Wanted to go for a long drive but spent to much time admiring my work. :k

Got plenty of attention from other drivers during the drive back to the garage that made my day. :cool:

Doug

Since I changed the ball joints and lower A-arm bushings I got the alignment done at the local alignment shop. Finally the steering wheel is in the correct position!

I degreased the valve covers, sanded them dowm, steel wooled them and wiped them down with acetone and put a few coats of paint on them. They still need a few more coats of paint but that requires a 48 hour wait before more paint can be applied. Pretty soon I will be able to start putting things back together

rob

I have finished most of my list of things to do . had to change spark plugs again though. had a wire not contacting plug, and fouled it out , new set going in . overdrive transmission is now working. 

A rare day! One of a very few days that I got into the car without the idea of tinkering with something on her.  Beautiful day again and drove to my Grandsons Birthday party and just enjoyed the drive there and back.  No other motive and it felt GREAT. ;)

Doug

Went to a car show in Greenfield IN this morning and received a top 20 award. They had 80 cars there so was glad to receive and unexpected award. As soon as I figure out how to get the pix of off my I phone will add them.