What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Tried to narrow down a vibration I have in the 70 monte. Swapped wheels around and tried different scenarios. Also tried the 70 wheels on the 71 to see if it caused a vibration in that car. I determined that the two rear rims (or maybe the tires) have an issue. I've already had them rebalanced twice but still an issue so maybe the rims are bent. My daughters even helped me torque the wheel nuts which was fun. During the process, I had 4 old rims on the 70 and put the colour keyed hub caps on for fun. Sleeper Sunday, LOL.

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

Put another LED 194bulb in my instrument cluster for the clock. Glenn Newman sent me some 194 bulb sockets for the cluster and a LED bulb for the heater controls.

Installed my front fender extensions,and the grill. I was excited to finally get to install my 5 year badge on the grill.

Put my rear bumper back on also. Once I get it outside. I'll be able to line up the bumper better. That way I can stand back and eye ball the center.

Need to get front bumper installed. Next

Tony, 

Looking very nice.  Keep up the work and it will be ready for a debut at the Eastern Meet!!!  Every piece you install makes it look more and more like a sweet Monte.  I like how you have already installed the protective strips on the lower front part of the front fenders to protect them while installing and aligning your front bumper.

rob

• Like 1

Hi Aaron, I had the same issue, lots of tread on the tires, but the car sat to long and the tires went bad, new tires, great ride.

Thats why I store on jack stands for the winter. Not good for tires to sit in one spot for a long length of time.

Thats why I store on jack stands for the winter. Not good for tires to sit in one spot for a long length of time.

I never had this issue over all the years I've had the Montes stored in the winter without jack stands but maybe that is what i should be doing.

I have a couple more straight 8 inch rallys and might just buy two new tires for those. The two rear wheels from the 70 that seem to be the issue will work fine for spare tires in both Montes. Thanks for the input guys. :)

I was looking at my mutt of a car and everything looks shiny and new except the trunk emblem on my "71" trunk lid on my "70"! Obviously I am not going to change out the trunk so I did the next best thing and called Leo and ordered a new emblem! Thanks Leo!

image_zps8ig9z47w.jpeg

The old!

image_zpsjoj1p0xe.jpeg

• Like 1

A set of 4.30 gears being installed on a spool. Hope to see some 6.90 somethings  in the 1/8. Cool air is gone for the year down south. Gonna try a 10.90 something in the fall. 

David

• Like 1

Did a test fit for the air cleaner and don't think this one will be running the correct air cleaner for the hood 11247973_1158107517557553_42363280441561. Being a tall deck motor the seal is a thigh fit against the under side of the hood where it meets. So I borrowed an open element air cleaner from the Nomad, it will sit up inside the opening but it hits the bowls on the throttle body 13007366_1158107524224219_66180125820096. Did get the car to roll good again  plus got the front end up so it matches and the jack comes out now.

• Like 1

While I had all this apart, I ditched the steel spring retainers for lightweight titanium ones. My hands say they're about half the weight. Coated Manley springs. I like Manley stuff! Any weight removed from the end of the valves is a good thing! My machinist is good enough to let me do my own work when I can. I am wiring his new engine dyno setup so...

IMG_20160422_163308961_HDR_zpsx8wwzya0.j

Not much happening with the Monte the past couple of weekends. Waiting to get it into the local body shop so they can install my vinyl top. So in the mean time. I tore into my tow vehicle, cutting out the Michigan rust. Got to make that look good for the Eastern Meet. :D

My son Mike wanted to help so I put him to work.

post-678-0-99708100-1461499302_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-77591600-1461499326_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-36275800-1461499356_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-38588200-1461499392_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Not much happening with the Monte the past couple of weekends. Waiting to get it into the local body shop so they can install my vinyl top. So in the mean time. I tore into my tow vehicle, cutting out the Michigan rust. Got to make that look good for the Eastern Meet. :D

My son Mike wanted to help so I put him to work.

I'm Guessing it will be painted BLUE!!! Like there is any other.

rob

• Like 1

I'm Guessing it will be painted BLUE!!! Like there is any other.

rob

She Is Arrival Blue so where just touching her up. All my trucks have been Blue other then my old 2000 f150 that got totaled. :(

She was Black. :)

post-678-0-52768900-1461530574_thumb.jpg

Uncovered my Monte and tried to start it, but it is dead. Charger has been on for several hours now and I did get a click. I think i need a new battery. I replaced it last May 1, 2007. I guess it's time!

Bruce

Took my 72 out for a nice cruise this evening. It is starting to run better and better. Rings seem to be getting set as oil has stayed the same for the last 100 miles. About time to do an oil change. The engine now has a little over two hundred miles on it.

Got a new battery, started right up but isn't charging. Darn........

Did get a nice drive around the block.

Got the motor and trans put back in the car the weekend and everything is hooked back up, all is left to do is put all the fluids in, prime the motor and get this thing started. No rush to get it on the road as we are getting snow tomorrow.

Leo