Bench to Buckets Conversion done

70bowtie

I finally finished my conversion to buckets, console and tilt wheel. i purchased all the parts to do this last spring and been working on getting them ready for this switch. I think I did good on buying the parts.

The first parts I got were a set of bad condition buckets, tilt steering column, console, shifter, harness and linkage also had to purchase a full dash with cluster and wiring harness. I paid $500 for all the parts and $300 to get it all shipped. When I got them home I sold the dash, harness and cluster for $250 and stripped the buckets and sold the headrest and seat tracks for $160 so I made $410 back on that lot. I then purchase another set of buckets for $150 and $60 to ship I got all these parts in Ontario Canada and had to shipped about 2000 miles to me.

I then got new ACI seat foam and PUI seat upholstery painted the frame and had to vinyl paint the console, seat aprons and headrest as some were blue and brown.

I have include pics with one of the bench seat.

Leo

post-368-0-03719600-1421603106_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-49137400-1421603128_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-73565900-1421603159_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-45920100-1421603179_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the only thing I didn't do was add the buttons to the seats as the originals had just didn't want to put holes into the new seats. i also added new carpet which matched the old color on the bottom of the doors and added courtesy lights under the dash they came with the dash I bought. 

Leo

OUTSTANDING!!!! see guys....the console just fits!! :whistle:

The tilt steering is an awesome upgrade....I added it to mine....just easier than losing all the weight and giving up the barley pops!! :rofl:

you need to reward yourself  and do a pub crawl on george st,..the car will look nice in front of moo moos in the summer too

my inlaws live across the st. from bannerman park..hopefully I will be be able to go this summer..wife takes the kids all summer there..nice job on the seats

The console was blue and I used SEM vinyl paint to change it. It's a little darker than the seat covers which are sandalwood color. The kick panels and headrest are the same SEM color as they were brown before.

Leo

If you got seats, dash, console, and column shipped to you for $300 2000 miles away that was incredible, I'd like to ask what service was used?

Looks good in your car.

Just did mine too. Not trying to steal your thunder, just seeing if I can attach a file. And the answer is obviously I cannot. Your interior looks great!

Hey Jared, I used a local trucking that ships between Ontario and my province twice a month and they had to go 1 1/2 hr away from their warehouse to get the parts for me so it was a great deal. They charge me $60 to bring my other set of buckets to me from the same place.

cbolt you can add pictures by using the "More Reply Option" button on the reply post and you can attach files from there, it's on the bottom of the page.

Leo 

I did that. It didn't work. I have had problems with other sites not taking my photos too. I think its an issue with my computer not this site.