Monte Carlo rebuild thread

16 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Should also have a float in the bottle. I rebuilt my float a while back

Hey Paul,

Did rebuilding the float require a kit ??? 

Mine's stuck as well and wasn't sure if it could be fixed, or if it'd be easier just to replace it.. 

Thanks, Scott.

Stopped by the shop. More progress made. Found body filler in the doors. Good thing I’m replacing the doors anyways. Next will be to treat the surface rust on the inner structure. Wish I could have stayed longer and helped, but the shop air was really affecting my lungs today. Need to get over this cold that I have. 

D3CAD14A-E71C-480B-BC19-02463E409182.jpeg

B3BD1387-3C41-49EB-9823-D5D09BA9956F.jpeg

293E830E-C9D1-4911-A8DA-1C5ECE054930.jpeg

42D8F6CC-9D13-4848-AF2C-554CE3CA7578.jpeg

F9805A01-F9E5-428C-ACE2-40623D3ABFA8.jpeg

• Like 4

Love the pictures! I never saw mine when the 1/4 panels were off and NEVER saw a roof off, cool!

4 hours ago, 71SSclone said:

Rob

Let me know if I'm posting too many pictures. 

I don't think it is possible to post too many pictures.

rob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

John I think most of us are in AWE of your skills, amazing!!!   Wish i had some of them myself!!!    

Willie,

I am not doing this myself. I'll do all my mechanical work, but the bodywork I'm leaving to the professionals. A buddy of mine, who I use to work with at a Ford dealer, now owns his own shop. I trust him and his crew to do it right and not price gouge me. They let me come down and work on it as much as I can. Anything I can do saves on labor. I wish I had the skills to tackle this myself. 

• Like 1

AAAHHH   but still you are there with her all apart and in pieces.    John now i understand about taking all the pics.   Keep up the good work, we all enjoy watching!

• Like 1

Just a general statement here....... if you think the snowball effect is bad when rebuilding an old car, you should try re-habbing a house. Whew!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 71SSclone said:

Just a general statement here....... if you think the snowball effect is bad when rebuilding an old car, you should try re-habbing a house. Whew!!

Been there done that. Twice. You’re not kidding. 

• Like 2

John, looking GOOOODDD!!!!   

Other house? Also in PA???   I took all my trees down about 2 years ago just so nothing falls on my house. Had a piece of mind for a year when a branch from a neighbors tree came down. Yup you guessed it right through the roof and ceiling. lol   i was ok with it as no one got hurt. other stuff can be fixed. lol Hope you do NOT have the same luck as me, John!!

• Like 1