72 super sport

On 9/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, Chris shipley said:

I was thinking only 70. 71.

20220820_121652.jpg

20220820_121700.jpg

20220820_121717.jpg

Yes, 70 and 71 only and not that noticable. 

To each their own. Great looking car but the emblem add ons ruin it for me. Especially the ones ON the fender.  Just saying...

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Yes, 70 and 71 only and not that noticable. 

To each their own. Great looking car but the emblem add ones ruin it for me. Especially the ones ON the fender.  Just saying...

I don’t like the fender emblem at all but the one on the grill just looks big and gaudy. And I have a Chevelle, go figure. 

• Like 4

Especially since it's a '72, the SS emblems are useless. Can't even be considered a 'clone' car, since 72 never had them. Even 70/71 didn't choose to use those giant emblems, simply out of place on a Monte. Nice looking car though, except for that.

• Like 3

I find it tacky when folks add SS badges to stuff that isn't an SS, and my car is pretty highly modified. Besides, the 1972 Custom badges are so much classier and more rare. Otherwise its a pretty car. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, mrmontecarlo said:

Yeah fake SS. None in 72. 454 was a Custom. Only 70-71 SS.

Agreed, no SS in 72. The 72 Custom package was independent of the engine choice. The Custom could be ordered with any engine and non-Customs could have any engine.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, mrmontecarlo said:

Yeah fake SS. None in 72. 454 was a Custom. Only 70-71 SS.

What do you mean there were no SS's in 72.  I have seen plenty of them on the internet.  Just a note, for a Custom you could order it with ANY of the available engines, not only a 454.

rob

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

What do you mean there were no SS's in 72.  I have seen plenty of them on the internet.  Just a note, for a Custom you could order it with ANY of the available engines, not only a 454.

rob

Yes Custom can have any engine but only Custom had 454 and no you seen fake 72 SS since non were made

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrmontecarlo said:

Yes Custom can have any engine but only Custom had 454 and no you seen fake 72 SS since non were made

I believe Rob was being sarcastic about the 72 SS. It was a joke to say there are plenty of them on the internet so it must be true. I can see since you don't know Rob how you read it the way you did though.

You could order a non-Custom with a 454 also.

• Like 1

He built it the way he wanted( or bought it that way). That's fine. I bet he gets asked a lot about it. Probably some story on the car. Anyway, I really like the looks of it. I can remember when our member brought the 427 Blue Monte to the show at the last minute and some people that were looking at it said "yeah, just a few got out of the factory this way" .... Gotta love it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrmontecarlo said:

Michael, just a note, I am well aware that there were no 72 SS Monte's.  Also, you are mistaken when you say that in 72 the only Monte that could get a 454 was a Custom.  In 72 any Monte could be equiped with a 454, NOT only a Custom.

rob

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Canuck said:

I believe Rob was being sarcastic about the 72 SS. It was a joke to say there are plenty of them on the internet so it must be true. 

You could order a non-Custom with a 454 also.

No i wasn't being sarcastic, i was only making a joke.🤣😂

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2