1st Day of Winter - What are your Wintertime Monte Plans or Projects?

Since it’s officially the 1st day of Winter what plans or projects do you have for Monte’s during the off-season? Today is the shortest amount of daylight, and will get longer daily. Let’s hear what your plans are or projects with some photos. 

Got the hood back off to redo it, I'm in the middle of that. Sending the hinges out to have them rebuild after the Christmas mail rush is over and hopefully getting the gas Guage finally working properly.  Going to see Bob today for oil change and inspection on my truck. I'm ready for the days to start getting longer and weather to get warmer but we got a ways to go I'm afraid. Stay safe and warm everyone. 

• Like 5

Where do I start.... Oh yes, SBC ,2004R ,10 bolt posi traction all going to new owner ( '54 dodge pick-up). BBC is getting final touches done.Turbo 400 ready and waiting. 12 bolt is getting Yukon posi-traction ,Moser axles, 3:73 gears. Dash is on hold,but everything works except amp meter ( wiring). It's not going to be ready for Carlisle. I still have to get EFI before I'm driving it. Lost too much in O.T. this year with being out of work for so long. Better luck this coming year. June 1st, 2023,  I have set my retirement date for June 1st, 2024. I know, long way away but it's on my list. Might not go Nostalgia Gasser racing until I get some projects out of the garage. '88 Fiero, '65 Chevelle. Have plans, hope they work out. Lots to think about... Monte is 1st on the list!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Maybe a new set of Cooper Cobras, not much else. 

I bought 2 BFG's last summer, yea I know maybe not the popular choice 🤣 But I needed something to match my rally wheels if I ever take the drag radials and aluminum wheels off. Otherwise nothing, the Monte is in hibernation. Putting elec fans on the blue oval, damn Cleve's run hot anyway so I am doing car stuff 🤣

Oh yea, we're supposed to get a cold front down here, might have to break out the hoodie 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Holy crap 😳 please keep it there don't send it east 😂

It coming east. We’re getting it tonight in Cincinnati. Negative 8. With 60 below wind chills. I’m home now and not leaving till Tuesday morning. Lol. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Dtret said:

It coming east. We’re getting it tonight in Cincinnati. Negative 8. With 60 below wind chills. I’m home now and not leaving till Tuesday morning. Lol. 

Good for you, unfortunately I have to go out Saturday and Sunday but it's not supposed to be as bad here as others will be getting, have to wait and see. Have a great holiday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cbolt said:

What is this "off season" you speak of?

Oh Jimmy, Jimmy Jimmy, that was not very nice being mean to us, you do know that Santa is watching you.

rob

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Jim, Not all of us have the luxury to wear flip flops year round. Once the Highway Dept spreads salt and sand on the roads, it’s officially “Off Season”. 

• Like 2

Not much off season here. But my Vista cruiser is still at the upholstery shop. 

Just did a fender skirt delete on my 59 cadillac and LS swap is planned for that once wagon is totally done. Already have most of the parts in my possession 

The 70 Monte I have vintage air waiting on it whenever i want to put it in. Factory air works but hard to beat Vair.. My hot rod Monte has extra set of seats at upholstery shop too doing bolster covers. Same place as my wagon 🤦‍♂️

59 impala has all factory correct interior waiting on it too in my closet 😆 

20221218_140447.jpg

20221218_140459.jpg

• Like 8