What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Originally Posted By: black07ss
Originally Posted By: footballubet
Got it pulled away from it's winter resting spot. Need room around it so I can install the remote power door locks and trunk release that are in our Group Buy. I'll be doing the install and giving it my review for everybody else.

Sounds great!! I can't wait for you to do mine lol

You better hurry up and get your's done before I'm so old I won't remember how to! lol

dittolol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took a while due to health but and here is the good one... got the Rear Fiber Optics put in the convertible monte today and next is the Electro Tip wipers to go in...... smile load this sucker up.....

Darren.

Started it today and let it run for awhile. Last time I drove it was just before Thanksgiving. It was like Groundhog Day. Warm but no shadow, so hopefully we'll be back on the road soon. We have to wait until they clean up all the sand from the roads first. My street looks like a beach. Come on Spring !!!

After Super Storm Sandy she got water up to rugs so they came out along with the insulation.Changed starter and wires.She wont start unless i give her a good boost. New battery did'nt help nor did a new horn relay. Will have to trace everything down as soon as warm weather comes. Garage too small to work in.

After Super Storm Sandy hit she got water up to the rugs.Took the rugs and insulation out and washed her undercarraige.Changed battery,cables and starter.Wont start unless i give her a good boost.Changed the horn relay and cleaned connections to no avail.

Will have to wait for warm weather to trace the problem down. Garage too small to work in Took her on the road this week and everything else semms ok.

Got the new Monte off the carrier today. Got is washed and now getting into checking it all out. Seems to be a really sound car. 103,000 miles. Drivetrain was rebuilt at 92,000. Outside of a noisy speedo it seems to run out really good. I'm ready for the Western Meet. Does need a new steering wheel. Anyone?

Just watched it sit there while it rained all day. Darn weather. Suppose to be in the 60s tomorrow and will get it out for some cruising. It's such a joy to drive. Love My Monte.

I like it... looking good! Keep up the good work.. I'm baking bread right now!! Nice hot weather today! Thumbs-up!

I came across some nice plates at a swap meet this morning I had to get them because they have 454 on them( don't have a 454 yet but that's the plan my Dads 72 monte has NF 454 as his plates)

IMG_20130303_1115552_zps63d2be4f.jpg

Tried to find the build sheet from an SS I recently bought (Van Nuys SS). Looked under the seats both front/back, console, under the dash pad, under the carpet, took door panels off, took off the plastic backs of the bucket seats and found nothing..BOOOOOO!!!

Going to look in headliner when we switch that out at the upholstery shop and will drop the gas tank next week. Still have hope, but not looking good.

Troy

Bummer, Troy!

But there's still hope ... some of the better ones are found above the gas tank. Also, some have been found between the seat upholstery and the seat padding, so you may score yet. Keep the faith!

Good luck!

I hate to take the seat upholstery apart as the interior is so nice and I have no background in taking seat covers off and reupholstering them. I'm banking on the gas tank, fingers crossed.

Troy

I got the engine bay box mounted with out the fan and found out my upper bolt hold in the firewall is to big for the bolt frown. Waiting on the gloss black paint to dry on the inside box on the side you can see. I made a bracket to hold the heater core in place slowly getting closer.

got the 4 speed all loaded up with things for the headliner install, now I have to get it in the trailer

couldn't drop the engine and tranny in, it's on the other side and the cherry picker won't fit thru the door with the legs down mad