What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

u stole my tahoe to go get them in..hahahah

I ordered my replacement trunk floor pans..jus the center and left section...time to break the welder back out!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0edb6204-ec09-4d41-9e57-28785c3b17c1.jpg

Once the vinyl came off, this is what we found. A small hole,lower left corner rear window. I was surprised that was all, overall the top looked good. Gonna use fiberglass to repair.

LOL! I will bright it back after I am done with it... smile

u stole my tahoe to go get them in..hahahah

I ordered my replacement trunk floor pans..jus the center and left section...time to break the welder back out!

Even know I knew the monte was built real early in 1969, i also got confirmation when i went to change all the bulbs in the cluster today when they were all 1849's which were the twist lock bulbs in the tower sockets instead of the 194's in most monte's.... I switched to the short plugs and instead of going with the 194's that have 2-3 burning Candle lite i went with a 588 with the built in magnifine glass tip in them to increase each socket to 9 candles each so that will brighten things up in the monte..... If you remember I did the same in the 70 Chevelle and it did as the posting i put said at that time the "Clark Griswald Effect".....

Cant wait to test it out just gotta get help putting in the whole dash which is an ac dash to boot...... Uggggg.

Darren.

Finally took mine out of the trailer put some fresh gas in her and took it for a couple rides. One to drop my daughter off at a friends and one to take my son to the mower store to get parts for his latest small engine he found at a pawn shop. Big Block burnouts are fun. grin

Wednesday I had some parts show up. I haven't really been feeling good to work on putting many on frown. Thursday I took the small items out to the garage and put the wire retainers on the drivers inner fender to hold the new harness the fiber optic line and the water sender harness 578153_547465088621802_1359570834_n.jpg so it's now back in the stock location before it was between the inner fender and the fender(yes it was a cleaner look but a paint to get the wires in that location). Don't worry about those two wires by the steering box they haven't found a home yet might use them for the elec fan setup along wit the elec. wire and a relay.

didn't touch mine, fell asleep on the couch mad

The day is not over...you should be refreshed enough to work on it till after midnight now... lol

Love it!

Did you ever get a 5 speed or is this going to have the 4 speed?

Bruce