Addition to my Monte family

I will be expecting a new arrival next week in the form of a 1971 SS454. It has 98,000 miles and is nicely optioned (guages, buckets, console, posi rear). Really looking forward to putting this one in the garage. The 71 Monte has always been my favourite year and I have always wanted an SS454 so naturally when this car popped up close to home I was very interested in it. I will be selling my 72 Monte as I cannot keep all three Montes.

71 SS454:

DSCF1495_zps561eee79.jpg

DSCF1493_zpsc352ec75.jpg

DSCF1500_zps1cf73ecb.jpg

cool

Congratulations on a great find, Aaron! She's a beauty and even has the original level ride compressor!

It's a good feeling to finally satisfy the "SS itch"! Enjoy!!

Thanks for the comments guys! This car is everything I look for in a car. Low mileage, all stock equipped and well looked after. It's not a perfect car and has some minor issues here and there but all the hard to find parts are intact and some stuff has been replaced/restored already. I still have to try to hunt for the build sheet but it is a Canadian built Monte so I can get the info from GM Canada. It is a numbers match engine and has the "Z20" on the cowl tag so I knew it was a true SS without seeing a build sheet.

why get rid of the '72, you have one of every year!!!! a full house!!! doesn't get better than that!!!!

I sure wish I could keep the 72 but I need to sell it to afford the 71. I will definately take advantage of the photo opportunity while I have all three though!

Originally Posted By: gprimm
Nice, but move that fuel filter so it is not on top. Distracts from the beauty of the 454 !!!

Yeah, already saw I need to change that.

Originally Posted By: Chevyss
Are you bringing it to Goodguys?

Not sure which car I'm bringing. April actually brought up the idea of driving both! I don't think I'm doing that though.

Very nice Aaron! You are a true Monteholic beer But getting rid of the 72? blehnutz

Enjoy and keep it a secret which one you roll into the WM with. The suspense will add more flavor!

I don't know how to do this myself but if anyone knows how, we should start a thread by voting on which car is Aaron going to show up to the WM with. grin

Doug

Enjoy and keep it a secret which one you roll into the WM with. The suspense will add more flavor!

I don't know how to do this myself but if anyone knows how, we should start a thread by voting on which car is Aaron going to show up to the WM with. grin

grin

Should I zip up to BC and buy your 72 while I'm at the Oregon Coast in a couple weeks? smile

smile

Regarding the 72, I will probably have it ready for sale in a couple weeks. I actually never intended to sell the 72 but this 71 was too hard to pass up. I have ongoing mini projects to slowly restore the 72 and I will be working on finishing that stuff up before I sell it. I can't sell it half done.

So, which one is going to the western meet.

Rob

Still not sure. I have to check things out a little closer once II get it home to see if it will be reliable enough for the trip.

Great find Aaron and congratulations. Nice find! She looks still in great shape and correct. Whatever you need to do to it will be minor and the icing on the cake. That's one nice cake! smile

It's awesome that it is Canadian Built so you can get the documentation package from Frank or George at GM head office. You won't find any build sheets but you may find a "line sheet" in the car as Oshawa never used build sheets.

You'll really like the documentation package. smile

Me likey!!! Nothing like a BB chevy.

Why stop there may as well collect every year from the 2nd Generation too. LOL

Nice car! I would be hard pressed to get rid of the '72, but then I am a car hoarder.

Hi, my name is Mark and I am a car hoarder...........