What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

On 8/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, Scott S. said:

Check the odometer when you get it back..... See if it's been on any "unknown" road trips. ;)

€800 ($880) to fit the headers. Prob should have tried to fit them myself. Classic cars are a money pit! (Well definitely when you have to ships parts across the pond)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I drove the low mile survivor 72 Monte to work three times this week (150 miles). I passed 12,000 miles on the odometer. Here’s a couple of my lunch break photos.

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Crom Cruach said:

€800 ($880) to fit the headers. Prob should have tried to fit them myself. Classic cars are a money pit! (Well definitely when you have to ships parts across the pond)

OUCH !!!

Guess it's time to start a petition for that land bridge to Newfoundland.... ;)

Got some monte time in today, I really needed it but still did get a chance to wash it that didn't happen.  Ive kinda been down in the dumps the last few days with this back issue. Truck is sitting in driveway dead I talked to Bob he's thinking battery I checked it and only has 5 volts so I guess that's it, hopefully I'll change it out tomorrow hopefully.  Is a cruise in tonight but not going. 

• Sad 1

Steve, I had such hopes your back was on the mend.  Back issues really suck.  Anyone who has had back issues can understand how back pain can not only restrict your everyday activities but also it is exhausting trying to tense muscles to prevent moving wrong and causing more pain.  I sure hope they can soon find something that works for you.

rob

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 1

Got  a short cruise in this afternoon 😁 As I was letting it warm up the hood unexpectantly slammed shut so stopped by wallymart and picked up a "chrome" adjustable shower curtain rod 🙃🤣

WallyMart.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Got  a short cruise in this afternoon 😁 As I was letting it warm up the hood unexpectantly slammed shut so stopped by wallymart and picked up a "chrome" adjustable shower curtain rod 🙃🤣

WallyMart.jpeg

Nice photoshopping. It almost looks like it belongs there. Well done. Nice choice of car by the way, very nice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

WallyMart.jpeg

Time to get the hood hinges rebuilt,  I did mine they work great.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

Nice photoshopping. It almost looks like it belongs there. Well done. Nice choice of car by the way, very nice. 

Nots as good as Glen, but I'm getting better 🤣

• Like 1

Took my car out today because truck is dead again, went out this morning and new battery is dead so I'm assuming I have a short somewhere probably the starter. It's going to Bob's shop for repair on Monday. Already bad week keeps getting badder,  yea badder is a word 😅 at least I beat the rain. Definitely a day for a few cold ones :beer:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Spent the weekend tightening the exhaust, fixing fuel/brake fittings that were weeping, and aligned the hood while I wait for a cowl hood to show up undamaged. Took it out for a shakedown, but the vehicle speed sensor on the transmission isn't sending a good signal so it won't shift out of first. I'll swap the sensor in a few weeks and see if that fixes it, otherwise it's on to fixing the wiring. Should be the last thing to do before I can see how the LS swap does on the road! It also looks like I may not need any shims to get good camber values with the tall ball joints and Ridetech upper arms.

• Like 2

Took mine to the store yesterday because truck was in the shop. looked good sitting there after I came back out from returning the scooter I just had to get a picture 😁 got truck back today and starts fine now so far, the starter seems to be the thing it needed, time will tell.

20230814_121023.jpg

• Like 6

Hey Steve she looks great, as always!!!  And as Rob stated that sky is incredible!!  But i have a question, are those (Special spots) by you always painted yellow? They are always blue over here!!!   Goes better with the car, i think.  lol   By the way how is the back doing??

1 hour ago, willie said:

Hey Steve she looks great, as always!!!  And as Rob stated that sky is incredible!!  But i have a question, are those (Special spots) by you always painted yellow? They are always blue over here!!!   Goes better with the car, i think.  lol   By the way how is the back doing??

The handicap spots at some places are van accessible the blue spot in in the parking spot itself. Back is a little better but not much, still using the walker and scooters when shopping.  Go back to Dr 5th of next month. It's very frustrating for me believe me.

• Like 2

Replaced my old front BfGoodrich tires with some Cooper Cobras.

Nothing like the satisfaction of mounting and balancing them yourself.

PXL_20230812_222538997.jpg

PXL_20230816_203523650.jpg

• Like 7

I just drop them off to my buddies at the Chevy dealer to do. Then they'll road force balance them too. No cost either, that's even better 🙂

• Like 5

Yep, bolted to the floor then remove it and put it in a corner. Bubble balancer works pretty good, took it for a ride and it was smooth.

• Like 3