What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Gosh that firewall looks great...  This picture is in the back of my head while scraping ziebart off mine! Thank you

Update: 7SEP2023, Seam sealer on.  Waiting on the eastwood paint.  In the meantime started on underhood wiring harness (waiting on tape) and emergency brake assembly.

2023-09-06 21.52.39.jpg

image.jpeg

Edited by Stuckin70s
Update with picture

Dennis check the plug on the 72 i see a little drip on the floor!!!   But at least you did something!!!!

I tried to start mine, even though i cant get her out. Dead Battery, i know you are going to laugh Dennis, but i put a charger on it. Try again tomm, if still no start i will put another in her.    Even the darn project car started!!!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis check the plug on the 72 i see a little drip on the floor!!!   But at least you did something!!!!

I tried to start mine, even though i cant get her out. Dead Battery, i know you are going to laugh Dennis, but i put a charger on it. Try again tomm, if still no start i will put another in her.    Even the darn project car started!!!

That’s where I sat the drain plug on a paper towel. So much for Bounty being the quicker pickeruper. Lol. We can fix that battery issue, if we can remember. Lol. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just finished repainting the driver side rocker satin black. Straightened the pinch weld also. Probably from a floor jack. The rockers were body color from a previous repaint. Still have the passenger side to do. Maybe next week. Can’t see both sides at the same time. 

• Like 5

I finally got to fix the speed sensor and took it out for a few miles. Didn't go too far because the inner fenders aren't bolted to the fender lip, only on the ends and on top. No pictures because it's in spotty primer, so that'll be next. 

• Like 2

Got the engine in, running and timing set, the new MSD box and the new dual 8 inch booster from Leed is in. Would have gone cruising with a friend and his Nova but the brakes are giving me some trouble. New master and booster and the pedal has some slight resistance but goes to the floor. I bench bled the system and have bled it atleast three times with the up down second person method.

IMG_6413.jpeg

Did some work underneath, coated body belly with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator black paint, matte finish . Changed oil, 15w40 Rotella. Loaded up on trailer for return trip to Somernights cruse next weekend in Somerset Ky to revisit FGMCC 2023 eastern meet location. Always a fun time their as was the Eastern meet… 3 day trip this time.. 

had problems with the wheel straps as I did in Carlisle eastern meet in 2022. Dennis just walks up and connects them with one hand in 5 seconds. Thanks again Dennis T.. Must be my fat fingers , I cant get the straps thru the wheels !. 
Anyway, loaded up and ready !!!!IMG_1602.thumb.jpeg.d835b504b96074328c280f1e820b350a.jpegIMG_1596.thumb.jpeg.c405845cb9167a3a8d11f14a4782b499.jpegIMG_1606.thumb.jpeg.a0faeb9b6f9dd182accfec8a9fe2b79f.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Took the Monte for the last ride of the year 😮 Getting ready to fog, get up on jack stands and ready for hibernation 

Just curious, was that the first ride too?  Any pictures?

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Pictures would have just resulted in criticism of my photoshopping abilities 🤣

Ya good point. Nothing is believable anymore. I’d trust your photos, ya that’s funny right there. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’d trust your photos, ya that’s funny right there. 

That made me laugh, thanks 🤣

So here's one from earlier this year, me starting to mock up the useless trailer cam (I started a different thread for that POS  😝) have fun 🤣

NoCamera.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Not a bad picture considering you drive a Escalade ( surburban). 

What were the odds of finding a picture on the internet with the correct tow vehicle and green Monte? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

What were the odds of finding a picture on the internet with the correct tow vehicle and green Monte? 

A few black pen strokes and he could have turned the pick up into an Escalade( suburban). Rookies. Love ya Mark. lol. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BUT .........how did you like how I photoshopped the same decals I have on the suburban back window on to the pick up ???? Rookies always go for the obvious and miss the small details 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1