What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

16 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Seriously, move that car back about a foot and balance that truck and trailer. You may feel more in control when driving. 

Your right, since I was mocking up the camera in the back I had it way forward. 

• Like 2

Haven’t yet , but got 71 in position to remove grill, paint grill mesh or crossbars whatever they are called, but for the life of me I can’t remember the name of that correct grey color on a 71.. I know I’ve seen it on here somewhere. Help, my mind has gone on vacation ! 

3 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Haven’t yet , but got 71 in position to remove grill, paint grill mesh or crossbars whatever they are called, but for the life of me I can’t remember the name of that correct grey color on a 71.. I know I’ve seen it on here somewhere. Help, my mind has gone on vacation ! 

I think that is Argent silver also.

I did mine black I like it better. 

• Like 5

Thanks guys , sounds like something I would need to special order. Steve, did you paint yours gloss black or flat ?. Would love to see a picture if you can post  me one when you get the chance. Thanks .. my car is black on white with black interior. Might look good painted black . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Thanks guys , sounds like something I would need to special order. Steve, did you paint yours gloss black or flat ?. Would love to see a picture if you can post  me one when you get the chance. Thanks .. my car is black on white with black interior. Might look good painted black . 

Used a satin black, hard to really see this is about the best one to see it.

20230426_150517.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Used a satin black, hard to really see this is about the best one to see it.

20230426_150517.jpg

Great , looks good thanks. I see

how you did it, left the outer edges of the mesh chrome , or silver. Good idea, sharp!        But , Oh my gosh ! Rob. More points off my original score card !🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Searsman said:

Doesn’t matter truthfully, I’m over the limit again anyways 🙃

I've seen you when you're over the limit and it isn't  a pretty sight.

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’ve seen the Argent silver In spray cans at the auto parts stores. Mainly for wheels. If you go with black, then definitely use satin or semi gloss. Flat is too hard to clean the bugs off.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Marks71 said:

I’ve seen the Argent silver In spray cans at the auto parts stores. Mainly for wheels. If you go with black, then definitely use satin or semi gloss. Flat is too hard to clean the bugs off.

I agree since I found the satin and semi gloss I don't even like flat black, never really did. I've used both satin and semigloss like them both in different applications. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Well its ready for hibernation, the car cover goes on this weekend 🙃 Guess I'm stuck driving the blue oval now 🤣

As Tom said at Carlisle "pass the grey coupon" 🤣

I just may take mine out tomorrow,  supposed to be fairly nice.

• Like 2

I have preregistered for a show on the 28th at the Hendricks County 4H Fairgrounds that will be under roof. Then ole red will go to the transmission guy for some fine tuning

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I've seen you when you're over the limit and it isn't  a pretty sight.

rob

Now that’s funny 😆. I don’t care who you are .. that’s funny. Actually I don’t remember what I looked like over the limit, and probably didn’t care:)

• Haha 3

Went ahead and going with the satin black on the front grill , Had a warm day to paint… still not finished tho have to do some touch up on it like Steve had to do on his…

• Like 3

Went to  Beale AFB for breakfast with my son (Lt Col Ed Chesser) … He drove his 1985 Bronco 2.  He purchased it in 1987 and has driven it over well over 350,000 thousand miles..

In this family,,, we drive them, fix them and drive them more….. My son ,Ed, and I, typically meet at Beale AFB, Contrails Inn Mess Hall, at least once a month..   It's also wonderful place to go for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.

It pleases my heart to have dinner with our troops and their Commanders on these important days.

Missing wheel covers on my Monte is an ongoing project. 

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg