What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

On 12/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, willie said:

Joe she is coming along very nicely!!!  You know what they say, if they tell you 4 months you have to double that time. So in 8 months your car should be done!!!

I know the anticipation is a killer, been there done that!!  lol

I’m trying to be patient, I would rather a good job then a rushed job, I may go by tomorrow for a look see

• Like 3

On 12/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, willie said:

Joe she is coming along very nicely!!!  You know what they say, if they tell you 4 months you have to double that time. So in 8 months your car should be done!!!

I know the anticipation is a killer, been there done that!!  lol

They have held me off so long the color has changed 4 times green to black, to that Cadillac pearl white(couldn’t find a paint code) to black cherry, who knows lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

They have held me off so long the color has changed 4 times green to black, to that Cadillac pearl white(couldn’t find a paint code) to black cherry, who knows lol

I had a hard time picking which color blue I wanted but I found a plastic bowl in the cupboard and took it the the paint store said this color they took a picture of it and made it up, I'm happy with it. Turned out to be an old Isuzu color. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I had a hard time picking which color blue I wanted but I found a plastic bowl in the cupboard and took it the the paint store said this color they took a picture of it and made it up, I'm happy with it. Turned out to be an old Isuzu color. 

Steve, you do know that using a non original color on your Monte is considered an alteration at our meets, right.  Using a foreign car color would be two alterations... are you looking to be put into the Custom/Super Modified Class.  :k

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Steve, you do know that using a non original color on your Monte is considered an alteration at our meets, right.  Using a foreign car color would be two alterations... are you looking to be put into the Custom/Super Modified Class.  :k

rob

I think this is where all the "modification: bullying started 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steve, not to worry, i changed the air in my tires and racked up another disqualification point. Geez!. But, as and ole friend of mine once said, “. I don’t give a fat  baby! “.. now then. 😁

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Searsman said:

not to worry, i changed the air in my tires and racked up another disqualification point. Geez!. 😁

I drive to VanNuys Calif to air up my tires.  😆

Edited by EVC
typo

It was actually warm enough to push the 70 out of the garage to wash the firewall and frame getting it ready for paint. Also washed up the bumper filler so it can paint it the correct silver colour. The body shop back in 2000 painted it body colour in error.

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1895.jpeg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

I can see this going off the rails pretty quickly....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

:hijack:

Come on guys, get your mind out of the gutter.

Steve I really love the blue car banner.

rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 2