What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Nice jobs completed today rob  I've got a black hole that follows me around last few years 🤣 

after reviewing the pictures of everyone's cars, I have to say that they are the finest example's I have ever seen. Just trying to give a thumbs up.  sure makes me want to excel and represent our club's mascot's properly!!!!!   

20 minutes ago, S.Maug said:

yeah i messed up  sorry guys

No problem,  all fixed.

rob

Just now, Rob Peters said:

No problem,  all fixed.

rob

I deleted them, unless you were doing it at the same time?

Yes I was, it let me delete 5 or 6 of them.

rob

Today I drove the 1970 Monte 60 miles round trip for work and drove the 1971 Monte 50 miles  for a cruise-in. They both got a workout today.

IMG_2553.jpeg

IMG_2562.jpeg

• Like 13

Short story: 
I drove my Monte to work today. The highway between work and home was closed for an accident and I had to take the long way home.

Not so short story: 
Fatal accident on the highway between work and home which was expected to be closed for 6 hours. My normal drive home doesn’t have much traffic and is 30 min. There are some routes to go around the closed section of highway that would be about an hour but they are forrest service roads which are not what I will drive the Monte on. The shortest paved route home was just over 3 hours and 280 Km (175 miles). I travelled a section of highway I’ve never been on before and it was awesome. Several lakes, mountains, pasture and curvy roads at speeds of 50-70mph. The weather was great too driving with all the windows down the whole way. I picked up some dinner about half way in the small town of Princeton and continued on. I really enjoyed the drive.

the car got over 200 miles on it today. I think the engine and trans are broken in now. 😁

IMG_2570.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2575.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

• Like 14

Aaron your cars, and pics are always beautiful!!!! Nice to go home the long way now and then!!!

• Like 3

What a shame, having to detour home while driving your Monte.... What a treat.  And on top of that, a stop at A&W Root Beer.  I didn't know A&W's were still around, maybe just in Canada.  I always loved how they served their root beer in frosted mugs in their drive thru.

rob

• Like 5

All your shots are awesome. Don’t know what’s more beautiful, your Monte or the scenery.Do you take a bad photo? The A+W caught my eye too. Fond memories of them.

• Like 2

Beautiful pictures Aaron,  Rob there is still an A&W about 30 to 40 minutes away from me but have never been there but they do a cruise in once in a while I should find out because a friend of mine lives not far from there and go some time.

• Like 1

We still have them up here !!! lol

Two A&W's actually still hold cruise nights..... And I believe that a couple of the surrounding towns A&W's do as well. 

• Like 3

I was with Dennis today in Erie, PA, aiding & abetting his hoarding habit....

20240510_111103.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

20240510_111103.jpg

Dennis, you need a house with more bedrooms to fit all these things

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jft69z said:

20240510_111103.jpg

Joe did Dennis at least buy you lunch???   

3 hours ago, RH 70 72 said:

Had the Rallys for my 70 sand blasted last week and repainted this week. 

IMG_6844.jpg

IMG_6913.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

Rob they look great!!!

Rob P, I think the the 10 acres that Dennis has is shrinking real fast!!!   Time to look for more land Dennis!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jft69z said:

20240510_111103.jpg

I was shocked he wasn't wearing his slippers 🤣

• Haha 2

It’s all junk, I say. Nope Joe didn’t even get a drink of water. He was a good soldier though. He pulled out of the driveway and he was gone. I couldn’t keep up ( I wonder why). No slippers there but I have them on now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

It’s all junk, I say. Nope Joe didn’t even get a drink of water. He was a good soldier though. He pulled out of the driveway and he was gone. I couldn’t keep up ( I wonder why). No slippers there but I have them on now. 

Dennis, Joe didnt tell you i bought those rims half price. Now he can buy his own water!!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well had a leak with the driver side front tire took it off and soaped it up good and found it was leaking around the rim so took it to the tire shop and they cleaned around the rim and got home and put it on and torqued the lugnuts on all 4 wheels hopefully it will be good for awhile lol I was afraid that I got something in it 😬.

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0987.jpeg

• Like 4

A mechanic once told me that the newer rubber doesn't seal to aluminum rims like it used to.... 

I'm on my second set of tires on my '04 with aftermarket rims, and I've still got one that I have to fill every now and then. :(

• Like 1

Degreased my engine and replaced the oil line today.   :(

Was out cruising around on the weekend and the oil pressure gauge line cracked...... By the time I got her home, about two liters of fresh synthetic oil had sprayed all over the back of the motor. 

Has anyone else noticed how much motor oil has gone up in the last few months ???? $$$ !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Has anyone else noticed how much motor oil has gone up in the last few months ???? $$$ !!!

It aint just oil 🙃

• Like 1