New Member...1971 base model

Hooligan71

Hi Folks,

Been following this forum since before I purchased my latest 1971 Monte Carlo.  It has a numbers matching drivetrain.  350/2BBL/TH350.  Factory color was gold w/black vinyl top(I have the trim).  It is a factory air car(doesn't work/don't care) with tilt steering.  It was purchased new on July 4th, 1971 in NYC.  Number of owners is unknown.  Purchased for $5500 in November 2017 in Rockland County.  The color is a factory Pontiac color from 2000 which was last time it was painted.  Since then I had the damaged passenger side fender repaired and color matched) for $900.  Found the rally wheels and Indy 500 tires on Craigslist for $600.  Tranny grenaded in 2019 and rebuilt for $1450 Just had the interior refresh(seat covers/headliner/carpet completed this fall for $2400.  So I all in at $10,850.

There are plenty of things still to address/decisions to make and looking for the MC expertise in this forum for help in making the right decisions.

Love all the pictures of y'alls awesome Monte Carlos!

Best,

Joe

MonteInterior.png

Monte6.jpg

Monte3.jpg

Monte1.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hooligan71 said:

Possibly...what is the date? I have been in VA most the time I have owned it but have moved back to ROC recently.  Your car is gorgeous!

Thank you, it is July 14-15-16 right here in Syracuse there is more info in local cruise section.

7 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Welcome! I love that colour! This is a great group here.

Thanks Aaron...I do too but would prefer a factory color.  The Copper is badass.  My first '71 was white/black.  Still partial to that.

• Like 1

Beautiful Monte you have there.  Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a dues paying member of the club.   

rob

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Beautiful Monte you have there.  Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a dues paying member of the club.   

rob

Hi Rob.  Thanks! Glad to be here and like the vibe.  I would have already paid but i don't trust/use Paypal.  Will be going to the snail mail method I guess.

33 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

Can't seem to access the links...

Welcome to the Club!! Great looking Monte. Sounds like you have been down the snowball effect road with yours. Me too, long time ago ('04-'08) and making mine all along. Glad to see another join our club. Remember, we also have a Mini meet coming in June at the Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlisle, Pa. Hope to see you there. I have a set of Original license plates for your car if interested.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Welcome Joe. A nice looking 71. I like the color combo too, different. We hope you become a dues paying member. The best Club and place to be for First Generation Monte owners !!!

• Like 1