My trifecta has been achieved

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

I got a set of old school cragers too. Two 15x6 and two 15x7. He changed out the tires every summer and winter. 

Those old school cragers are pricey, I won't say what a friend of mine paid for a pair for his tri 5 🙃

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Those old school cragers are pricey, I won't say what a friend of mine paid for a pair for his tri 5 🙃

I think they will clean up and look awesome. I don’t need them so I’ll pray put them up for sale. 

Nice going Dennis and spring green on top of it. There cant be more than a handful of them (or LESS). Looks like a real solid car.

Ok lets see if you can make her look as good as Aarons. Lets GO Dennis wash on wash off, wax on, wax off!!!! Repeat........ ok you can drive her alittle also!!

Congrats on the trifecter!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willie said:

Nice going Dennis and spring green on top of it. There cant be more than a handful of them (or LESS). Looks like a real solid car.

Ok lets see if you can make her look as good as Aarons. Lets GO Dennis wash on wash off, wax on, wax off!!!! Repeat........ ok you can drive her alittle also!!

Congrats on the trifecter!!!!

No I don’t think it will ever look that nice. You can’t beat a very low mileage original car. But for 51 years old, with a family raised in it and 116000 miles I’m ok with it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, willie said:

I just thought of something, it will take a small fortune to fill your cars up!!!  You got this Dennis!!!

That’s why I don’t drive them. They each get one tank per year. Registration and insurance for 7 cars is bad enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just ok, I am ecstatic for you! She is a thousand times better that any thing i started with!!   Ok maybe i was teasing alittle about Aarons car, but "you can do it" LOL

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Just ok, I am ecstatic for you! She is a thousand times better that any thing i started with!!   Ok maybe i was teasing alittle about Aarons car, but "you can do it" LOL

Teasing is ok. I would love to have Aaron’s car but I wanted a W code Custom. The odds of me finding what I wanted in the condition of his was not something I would have been able to find or afford, so I got as close as possible.  It I’m perfectly fine with it. 

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see how Dennis finishes the POS 70SS by NEXT June, finishes up the trailering package items on his (New To Him) 72 W Custom, finds a two car trailer, loads the 70 and 71 onto the 2 car trailer and pulls them with the 72W Custom to Carlisle for next years Eastern Meet.  

We all know you can do it Dennis.

rob

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

It will be interesting to see how Dennis finishes the POS 70SS by NEXT June, finishes up the trailering package items on his (New To Him) 72 W Custom, finds a two car trailer, loads the 70 and 71 onto the 2 car trailer and pulls them with the 72W Custom to Carlisle for next years Eastern Meet.  

We all know you can do it Dennis.

rob

I said June of 25. I think. The trailering parts have been eliminated.  It the double trailer thought is interesting but I’d have to buy a truck that car pull it, my 1/2 ton doesn’t have it in it anymore. Lol. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I said June of 25. I think. The trailering parts have been eliminated.  It the double trailer thought is interesting but I’d have to buy a truck that car pull it, my 1/2 ton doesn’t have it in it anymore. Lol. 

Yup you'd need to move up to at least a 3/4 ton. Mine pulls my 7000 pound camper no problem. 

LOL Come on Dennis we agreed in '24!!!    Lets go!! Park that Ambulance, you have to build a car!!

And the funny thing is, i always wanted to tow my Montes with a 70 El Camino. Or push the El Camino with the Monte!!!  LOL

• Like 5

wow!!  W code custom buckets, console ,uncut dash ,original wheelcovers... what a rare rare find !...how the heck did you find such a gem??  congradulations- that's a keeper  for sure !!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blake350 said:

wow!!  W code custom buckets, console ,uncut dash ,original wheelcovers... what a rare rare find !...how the heck did you find such a gem??  congradulations- that's a keeper  for sure !!

Honestly because I wasn’t really looking for it. But I knew I wanted one so I kept doing soft searches and it popped up. 

• Like 3

So, the "W" code is for the big block? What size ,402 or 454? Very cool buy. I'm liking the cassette player it came with. Does it have a tilt wheel ? Got be pretty rare paint on it too. Clean it up, put the Cragers on it and cruise it around for a while. How nice are the hub caps? Look good from the pictures. Hard to find a good set. I have like 12 of them.

19 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

So, the "W" code is for the big block? What size ,402 or 454? 

454. The 402 would be a 'U' code.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

So, the "W" code is for the big block? What size ,402 or 454? Very cool buy. I'm liking the cassette player it came with. Does it have a tilt wheel ? Got be pretty rare paint on it too. Clean it up, put the Cragers on it and cruise it around for a while. How nice are the hub caps? Look good from the pictures. Hard to find a good set. I have like 12 of them.

Jim. Thanks. W code is 454. No tilt. Cassette is pretty cool and an fm modulator next to that. Ironically he added a separate wiring harness and speakers in the back so he didn’t cut the harness. AM8 track on one set and FM and cassette on the other set. I didn’t look at all the hub caps but I know one is dinged up. 

• Like 1

I was telling a customer about the 72 and he asks what color. I said like that flyswatter. He gave it to me. Note the “W” code. Lol. I guess the stars are aligning before Carlisle. 

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

That's odd, power windows and locks but didn't order tilt wheel.

Only could get tilt with the 4 spoke wheel and I don’t know if you could break up the custom package because of the custom wheel?  

• Like 1