72 in Atlanta

6 minutes ago, rsorg said:

yes a little high, but if it was a custom ,454 power windows, air ,etc. would be a lot better to the ask price

100% agreed.

Basically a no option car, at a premium asking price. :nutz:

Someone took a creative writing class in school too, based on a couple of those descriptions, lol...

• 350 CID 4BBL V8 Engine: Powerful and iconic, providing a thrilling driving experience. (not as thrilling as a big block)
  • 12 Bolt Rear End, Power Steering, and Power Brakes: Modern driving comforts in a classic package. (modern cars have A/C, power windows, locks, etc)
  • Factory Seat Belts: Safety features that align with modern standards. (modern standards?...like air bags?)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

100% agreed.

Basically a no option car, at a premium asking price. :nutz:

Someone took a creative writing class in school too, based on a couple of those descriptions, lol...

• 350 CID 4BBL V8 Engine: Powerful and iconic, providing a thrilling driving experience. (not as thrilling as a big block)
  • 12 Bolt Rear End, Power Steering, and Power Brakes: Modern driving comforts in a classic package. (modern cars have A/C, power windows, locks, etc)
  • Factory Seat Belts: Safety features that align with modern standards. (modern standards?...like air bags?)

Yes, typical dealer talk. I kinda like the “prestigious provenance adds to its allure and value”statement. Plus it is out of the Springfield Collection. Whatever that is. It is a beautiful well kept car though and certainly a nice representation of a first gen. The tires need more ArmorAll though.

I sold a 72 with 12,000 miles for A LOT less. The paint on mine wasn't as nice though.

There's been more restoration and work done for a car with only 19,000 miles than I expect but it could be they simply wanted to pretty it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I sold a 72 with 12,000 miles for A LOT less. The paint on mine wasn't as nice though.

There's been more restoration and work done for a car with only 19,000 miles than I expect but it could be they simply wanted to pretty it up.

How much did it sell for ?

I recently turned down a solid offer for $34,000 on mine. He said he was hoping I'd counter with 35,000.   I'd trust my old Monte with 200.000 miles over a low milage car anytime..  I have a difficult time trusting super low milage cars. Especially those over 50 years old.  

1 hour ago, EVC said:

How much did it sell for ?

I recently turned down a solid offer for $34,000 on mine. He said he was hoping I'd counter with 35,000.   I'd trust my Monte with 200.000 miles over a low milage car anytime..  I'd have a difficult time trusting the $50,000 car above to make a 6000 mile journey. 

The guy who purchased mine in September drove it 1,700 miles home to Iowa without a hiccup. It really is an amazing driving car like it was new. I only maintained what was necessary (bleed brakes, change all fluids, change filters, new belts/hoses, new tires). The car still had original shocks, plug wires, etc. The guy has since added another 1,000 miles since he got it home. I sold it for less than half of the car posted.

As for your car, I can see someone who really wanted it offering $35k. That is on the high end for a small block but not out of line for a really well maintained 350 car in great condition with some of the prices I’ve seen.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Canuck said:

As for your car, I can see someone who really wanted it offering $35k. That is on the high end for a small block but not out of line for a really well maintained 350 car in great condition with some of the prices I’ve seen.

I think some of the driving force for the increased prices of our Montes is the cost of new autos.. I'd be very reluctant to pay 35 for my car, but selling it for the price of a used Buick or Lexus makes no sense to me.

Unlike many of the member here, I'm not into showing or racing. It's just one of my daily cars. I don't consider it restored. Over the years it has been either repaired, maintained, upgraded or improved to keep her on the road. 

Our Montes are extremely comfortable and roadworthy road cars, and I think we'll see the values increase even more. If I were spending 30 to 40,000 for a car, I'd probably consider a car like ours, a car that has lasting value and timeless beauty.

Personally , I can't imagine not owning mine.         "  For Sale, $ 100,000… "  326 miles on the Speedometer… "  😇

Ed C.

45 minutes ago, EVC said:

Personally , I can't imagine not owning mine.         "  For Sale, $ 100,000… "  326 miles on the Speedometer… "  😇

Ed C.

passenger and small dog included in price. Screenshot2023-12-16at8_38_41PM.thumb.jpeg.62b63f7bcb0a255858b90d06dc0356db.jpeg

As others noted, that's a Turbo 350, not a 400. Nice car with a classy color combination but yeah, a bit high on the price. There's a part of me that wants them to get big money for it because it helps to drive the value of our cars up. Monte Carlo's have been the step child of the classic car world for too long - no respect, which has held values down. I did look at Hagerty recently and the average for a '70 in excellent condition is up to $31k. Progress.

• Like 5

I think it's sad when an excellent 70 Monte Carlo has less monetary value than a Toyota Corolla. I've always enjoyed seeing the higher asking prices the car deserves.

I think an excellent well maintained Monte is worth more than a new $50,000 Lexus anytime.

Fact is,,,,,  I wouldn't trade car for car…  

I'm sure other members disagree…  

^^good buy at 32k at that GAA auction imo! Looks like a reseller bought it.

In reality I believe it's a 35-38k car if its as nice as it looks in the pictures and authentic 19k miles. Adding vintage air would help the value to command a more premium price.

I've ridden the wave on these cars since 2006 and happy to see them getting some recognition but hope they stay underneath under stuff.  I never thought I'd see a 4 speed or SS Monte bring more $ than a 4SDQP409 62 belair bubbletop at an auction but it's happening, hopefully those are on the way on down some more.

• Like 1