NEW member but old lurker !

New member but old lurker here. I wanted to join the ranks of a paying member to make sure this place stays around as long as possible.
I have a 1970 402 BB - Auto, factory buckets and console w/ power windows, Flint-built 08C-third week of August '69, Color 78-Black Cherry w/ B-Black vinyl top.
It now has 
a transplanted 454 bored .030 over, dual plane Weiand intake and a dual line 650 Holley carb. Just got it running along with all new calipers, lines, discs, bearings and pads up front and new trailing arms w/ poly bushings out back. I've had the car for over 30 yrs but life and kids got in the way of working on it more often. So now I am, little by little.

I've been so thankful for the information I've found here and hope to find more as well as friends in the hobby. If you are near Nashville, TN, "holler back", as they say !

Some old pics as well as some recent ones are attached as I've worked on it here lately.

Dennis Bagwell

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

PassngrFront.jpg

454EngineLftInProgress.jpg

454EngineFront.jpg

RtFrtBrake.jpg

PassngrSide.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thank You! 1

That's great Dennis!

Thank you for updating us on your project, and as you already know, we like pictures, so keep them coming as you progress thru the journey.

Thank you as well with becoming a full member, we certainly appreciate your support.

Also, as you already know, don't hesitate to ask questions or reach out behind the scenes, we're here to help.

Joe T

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

Welcome to the members group. We do appreciate you helping the group. I have learned that the dues are a very small pittance for what we can possibly give in return. The information, as you know, is endless. Good luck on your future projects on your car. We are always around to help you out with any questions you may have. Thank you from just north in Cincinnati. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

Found another old one of my interior. I need to refresh it for sure but it's all original ! ('cept the '80's Pioneer cassette radio, which no longer works)☺️
I want to:
1) Get a hinge for the console door
2) Get a lock catch for the console door
3) it has a lock but the key doesn't work. Does anyone know if it can be re-tumblered (is that a word?)
4) need a new steering wheel as the plastic has split and broken off in the back and sides. It's mostly covered with a '80's steering wheel wrap, the kind you used to have to "sew" onto the wheel but I would sacrifice that for a better wheel !
5) Figure out why the console light no longer lights up and the headliner light won't light up.
6) Tackle the dreaded "gauge bulbs" 'cause the only thing I can see in the dash at night is how much gas I got. Guess as long as you got gas it doesn't matter how fast you're goin', right ?? 😁
I wasn't very good at taking pictures with my old flip phone some years ago, sorry.

Thanks for all the welcomes as well !!

Dennis Bagwell

IMAG0071.jpg

SideDoorOpen.jpg

• Like 5

1). No issue. Available 

2).  Same as 1

3).  Check your other key also. And yes they can be re- tumbled. 
4). steering wheels are available used or repop. 
5). check to make sure the orange wire is plugged into the fuse box. Check fuse while you’re there. Corrosion in the box can also cause that. Could be a circuit issue, check the tabs on the back of the sockets to make sure that they are connecting to the circuit. 

6).  Pull the dash pad and start checking bulbs. Not fun but doable. 
I think it was probably more the quality of the phone than the operator. 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Welcome to the madness 🤘I too was a lurker when shopping for a Monte and became a dues paying member the day it arrived in my driveway 🤣 Thanks for your support, as you know lots of info and knowledge here There's a mini-meet in Bristol in May (check the threads) and a BIG MEET in Carlisle in June. You don't have to bring the Monte to hang out and enjoy the festivities and meet the people from the club. 

• Like 6
  • Thank You! 1

Welcome Dennis and thanks for becoming a member. Great group of helpful people here. Keep us updated with your progress.

• Thank You! 1

Welcome Dennis!!!  She looks like a Great car to bring back. I second what the other Dennis said about the repairs!!  You can scroll down to members only and post want you want to purchase if you want OEM or you can scroll up to resources to look for Leo Konik if he doesn't have what you need he can direct you to the right place. OR you can ask here and we will help you out the best we can!!   As you know we are always here to help!!!

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

Dennis,

Thanks for posting the pictures.  As I said in our email exchanges, you need to hook up with some of our members down your way and bring her to Carlisle for our Eastern Meet.  You were concerned about your car not being a show car... We don't care if it is a show car, it is a go car.  Besides, it is not all about the cars, it is about the people you will meet and the in person tips you could get from our members in attendance.  

Dennis, be careful of that other Dennis down your way.  I am by no means saying the other Dennis is trouble, just be careful, he tends to leave a trail of banana peels behind.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Dennis,

Thanks for posting the pictures.  As I said in our email exchanges, you need to hook up with some of our members down your way and bring her to Carlisle for our Eastern Meet.  You were concerned about your car not being a show car... We don't care if it is a show car, it is a go car.  Besides, it is not all about the cars, it is about the people you will meet and the in person tips you could get from our members in attendance.  

Dennis, be careful of that other Dennis down your way.  I am by no means saying the other Dennis is trouble, just be careful, he tends to leave a trail of banana peels behind.

rob

I second what Rob said about that other Dennis. He a real pain in the ….  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Welcome to the club and forums, Dennis! Hope you find all the help and support you need here to finish your '70 project.

Just to clarify, there are possibly several other members named Dennis here (myself included) so we may need to use member ids in place of first names to keep things straight.  I've been an active participant on the forums for the past 15 years and have never used a dancing banana emoji so that may be an identity clue for you. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, MCfan said:

Welcome to the club and forums, Dennis! Hope you find all the help and support you need here to finish your '70 project.

Just to clarify, there are possibly several other members named Dennis here (myself included) so we may need to use member ids in place of first names to keep things straight.  I've been an active participant on the forums for the past 15 years and have never used a dancing banana emoji so that may be an identity clue for you. 😉

I’ve never used one either. But I’ve had a few sent my way. 

• Like 3
  • You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MCfan said:

Just to clarify, there are possibly several other members named Dennis here (myself included)  I've been an active participant on the forums for the past 15 years and have never used a dancing banana emoji so that may be an identity clue for you. 😉

We try to reserve the use of dancing banana's :yay: to honor our Dennis members, one of them in particular.  You have now earned a few of your own.

:yay::yay::yay:

rob

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

We try to reserve the use of dancing banana's :yay: to honor our Dennis members, one of them in particular.  You have now earned a few of your own.

:yay::yay::yay:

rob

‘Split’ the pain and agony. ( see what I did there). 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dtret said:

‘Split’ the pain and agony. ( see what I did there). 😝

Another Banana Pun.... I could "slip" in another but maybe I shouldn't

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My console lid and the makeshift hinge from years ago....before you could actually find replacements. I might try to take the lock to a locksmith and see if he can key it, then change it to match the trunk/glovebox key.
Is there a better place to carry on this thread than the New Members Area? Or just keep going with it?

I was always Dennis the Menace 'cause there were no other Dennis' around and I was constantly taking stuff apart and putting it back together, mostly correctly !

Sorry, the banana stuff just "slipped" right past me but it does make me think of Minions !!

ConsoleLid.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, 70Monte402 said:

Is there a better place to carry on this thread than the New Members Area? Or just keep going with it?

It's fine here, no worries.  We don't tend to over scrutinize the topics like some forums. We may move something to an appropriate thread if it's a sale item, or car cruise location, etc.

In this case, as long as you're getting answers to your questions,  it's all good.

As you'll see, we tend to get side tracked a lot too. Usually it's Dennis...:yay:

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

It's fine here, no worries.  We don't tend to over scrutinize the topics like some forums. We may move something to an appropriate thread if it's a sale item, or car cruise location, etc.

In this case, as long as you're getting answers to your questions,  it's all good.

As you'll see, we tend to get side tracked a lot too. Usually it's Dennis...:yay:

Yes. But which one???  lol. We are a group of funyons. That’s what makes us so ‘ appeeling’. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3