What did you do to your Monte today?

Finally got the rest of my wiring done for my garage lights and air compressor so I can get back to work on my Monte.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started mine up last week for the first time this year. Took it out of the garage today, washed it and took it on a 30 mile cruise. I stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home to get a Blizzard for the wife and put the car back in the garage. Got lots of looks and thumbs up's.

Yesterday, I actually picked up my 4 year-old from pre-school in my 70 with my 20 month-old in the back seat. I had to break up the mini-van parade. It's a little tougher getting the girls in and out and using the car seats but it was still worth it, LOL. I drive the 72 daily but I try to get the 70 out when the opportunity arises.

Im attempting to turn over a new leaf here with the Monte, Watched a show the other night where people were running their cars at Road Atlanta, they were all saying that you cant enjoy them sitting in the garage,and I can see where they are coming from! Also a friend of mine has quite a few toys and he drives his 50 something Chevy truck street rod daily, I will attempt to uncover mine and drive it to work at least once a week, hopefully more. Im not winning any prizes or trophies with mine,or attempting to,and thats not what I did it for anyway, so we will see what happens here, I say every year I wont be so anal about it, lets see if this thread helps me? Maybe its the beer talking lol

Its not just the Monte, I get aggrivated when even the Denali doesnt go at least 2 days clean after I wash it. Im like that with all my cars,and have always been

Its not just the Monte, I get aggrivated when even the Denali doesnt go at least 2 days clean after I wash it. Im like that with all my cars,and have always been

Tony, my thinking was exactly like yours until I moved to the mountains to a house on a 1/2 mile gravel/dirt road and drive. I'm fortunate that most of the road is in the shade and through the woods but, I still don't take the Monte out unless it has rain a day or two or three before said venture. The daily drivers,.. well,.. lets just say I enjoy when it rains hard for about 15 minutes grin. - Dave

Yesterday would have been my wifes 56th birthday so today I loaded up monte with shovels soil and flowers and went to the cemetery to plant some flowers was a somber but nice day

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Wow Steve, thats pretty cool, not in a good way but I guess you know what I mean.

I was thinking of taking mine up to the cemetery where my mom is on mothers day while my sister was visiting,but didnt end up going.

Sorry about your loss, but Id sure think she would be smiling

Im not winning any prizes or trophies with mine,or attempting to,and thats not what I did it for anyway

I'm the same way. My 70 is nice but it's not a show winner. It goes on road trips, to the grocery store, etc. It has never been on a trailer or even a tow truck for that matter in the 15 years I've owned it and I put on 45,000 miles since then.

I finally used my Monte Yesterday...I used it as a "bench". I set my radio, cell phone, and keys on the roof while I worked on my bike... whistle

I finally used my Monte Yesterday...I used it as a "bench". I set my radio, cell phone, and keys on the roof while I worked on my bike... whistle

worked on your bike???? bleh

I pulled mine into the trailer yesterday, Going to the drag races today, finally a dry day!

Waxed the Monte trailer yesterday, boy it is a long way around a 28 foot box.

I'm starting to think mine is just a mirage! Just can't find time to finish a couple things and get her on the road again. This weather has been a full fledged battle with trying to get things ready for my daughter's graduation party.

Waxed the Monte trailer yesterday, boy it is a long way around a 28 foot box.

shock

I briefly thought about doing mine but it takes long enough to just wash it so I changed my mind. Did you use a buffer?

Originally Posted By: cny first gen 71
Yesterday would have been my wifes 56th birthday so today I loaded up monte with shovels soil and flowers and went to the cemetery to plant some flowers was a somber but nice day

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Wow Steve, thats pretty cool, not in a good way but I guess you know what I mean.

I was thinking of taking mine up to the cemetery where my mom is on mothers day while my sister was visiting,but didnt end up going.

Steve. I think you did the best thing than any of us ever did or will do with our Montes.

Like Tony said. I think she was smiling to and helping you. smile

Originally Posted By: 7tonemonte
Originally Posted By: cny first gen 71

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Steve. I think you did the best thing than any of us ever did or will do with our Montes.

Like Tony said. I think she was smiling to and helping you. smile

She is definitely watching over you with a big smile! Nice pictures.

Big lump in my throat.

installed seat belts, rear view mirror, drivers seat, painted steering column, dash and painted and installed my rechromed grill. Another 2 weeks and it will be on the road I think!

Well, I got a couple hours in on the Monte today.

After installing an uncut dash last year, I finally installed an AM radio to fill the hole and prepped the glove compartment for installation of the CD player. I also cleaned and restored one of the lap vents (with pics to prove). Then, I tore the steering column apart, fixed a broken spring and a horn wire in there, and managed to get it all back together with everything working.

The one thing I couldn't put back yet was the steering wheel. I need a new nut since whoever put this after-market wheel on used a lug nut to install it, and the lug nut is too tall for the horn button to seat properly. I'll have to go to Fastenal or some place like that as none of the hardware stores or parts stores here seem to have one that will work. confused

Finally, I took some Lucas Slick Mist and shined the outside up a bit. At least it will look nice when it goes to Kennedy Racing this week for them to check out the ongoing tick.

Man, I hope this is not expensive, but I have a feeling it's going to be.

P1010001-1.JPG

P1010002-1_000.JPG

P1010004-1_000.JPG

P1010005-1_000.JPG

P1010008-1.JPG

P1010006-1_000.JPG

Daryl, try editing your post and stacking the pictures...as of right now they are all side by side and it's impossible for some people to read it. Maybe it appears differently on your screen but I've seen this happen before with other people and I wasn't the only one who couldn't read it.

Thats odd Bill, they are stacked on mine and it reads fine?

Im on using Google Chrome, maybe something on your browser?

My Monte got uncovered tonight, Im driving it to work tomorrow and hopefully that will get me fired up with it! I got a lot of things I want to do to it before Carlisle, but that is coming up quickly eek

Bill and Tony,

OK, changed them to Non-floating images. Still looks fine to me. How do they look to you Bill? Any better?

Perfect...thumbs_up.gif

Whatever changing them to "non floating" means it worked. I don't know why my computer viewed them like that but I know Capri's did the same thing the other week and a few other people said so also.

Back to the topic...I finally took my Monte on a long cruise for the first time this year. I also installed that heater hose shut-off (took like 3 minutes) so the 91 degrees we had here today was not so bad when I turned the vents on full... smile