What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I finally got the car into a shop that can help me with the transmission kickdown cable.

web.jpg

Replacing it was more than I could handle on my own, as it involved raising it up, and dropping the transmission pan. You couldn't get at the thing without doing that... and I don't have the right space / tools for it...

got my new sway links, steering column cover, new door hinges, and 1.5" glod anodized ebay lift kit for the rear... now all i need is my car back from the shop!

Well I posted a couple days ago putting the trans back in her and bathing her and taking her out for a spin, well the bath and spin never happened. I had a issue and she didn't want to seem right so I went around the block once and parked her and got a hold of my trans guy. He made it over today and seems the prior onwer had a shift kit installed and he didn't acount for that, put in a plate that covered some hholes that needed to be open. He fixed it we topped her off with fluid and man does she shift nice. Now I just need to run the gunk out of the carb so she runs smoother...so a bath and a nice ride is in her near future.....

Installed sound deadener in the back of the Monte Sunday,man that is a job in itself! I started at 8:00am and finally put the rear seat back in at 5:00pm,no lunch break either!I'm just putting it down from the back of the front seats to the package tray.Try to keep "the noise down"... I kinda like it!

went to check it out at Super Rides on my way home from school but they had already left for the day so i just got to see it sitting behind some barbed wire fence.

Did a bit more filler work and finally got the drivers quarter and passenger door in epoxy. Hopefully tonight or tomarrow I'll get some high build 2K on them. Still got to do the filler work on the door though.

0802112140a.jpg

0802112141a.jpg

Steve

I've been busy. When I took out my dash to replace the vents last year it kinda boogered up my column...I decided to paint it back black so I could switch back and forth from my original wheel and my Grant wheel.

101_4973.jpg

Patching up some dings...

101_4975.jpg

Painted semi flat black

101_4977.jpg

Installed with the original wheel

101_4981.jpg

Took out the old springs and installed some Moog 6223 non A/C coil springs and got the front to drop about 1.5 inches like I wanted it to.

101_4989.jpg

My turn!!! Been very busy with the Monte. It got some nice carpeting put in and looks so much better inside. Got new LED lights in the trunk working and cleaned/repainted the radiator cover, hood latch and horns cleaned up and repainted. Put on the finishing touches with the rocker moldings and boy they make a difference. I can't wait for new tires and getting rally wheels put on. That only means I will be putting new springs up front to give it better clearance and lift for slightly larger tire.

Today it randomly pulled out a bunch of wires I figured were not important. It still runs, so I am guessing they were not for anything critical... wink

web.jpg

Kidding... they were to a stupid aftermarket alarm the old owner installed. I finally got all the crap out, splices removed, and put everything back on the original wiring harness.

Next thing to figure out is the blinkers --- only the TOP BULBS blink in the rear... however all of them work when using the brakes or when turning on the lights.

Weird... I was hoping undoing this mess would fix that.... but to no avail.

Participating in the Flashback Cruise this weekend in Bend, OR. Today's show is on the grass in Drake Park. Downtown cruise this evening. Nice to spend the day with the Monte and lots of car folk...

I repaired the broken/corroded main power feed to the AC system so the control unit and fan all work again. This is helpful since it's consistently 90 degrees these days.

Fixed the little nicks on my kick panels when I took my dash out to replace the vents about a year ago. Had a old rattle can of Plasticote vinyl spray that was a perfect match. Now I'm bored, as there's nothing to do to my Monte anymore.

Fixed the little nicks on my kick panels when I took my dash out to replace the vents about a year ago. Had a old rattle can of Plasticote vinyl spray that was a perfect match. Now I'm bored, as there's nothing to do to my Monte anymore.

Sounds like it's time to fill er up and drive it grin

Last night I installed the GM Performance Part Wire Looms on the 502. This is the deal of the century - 12 bucks from the local GM Dealer! Finally, something priced below what I expected! And they fit right and look good.

Part number 12495502. (Not sure if they will fit tall valve covers)