What did you do to your Monte today?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing alot. If you want go see the progress, look for me on FaceBook as air have an album there. George Primm. Aluminum heads, 700r4, 12 bolt 3.42 rear end, new carpet, radio with amp, GTA PS gearbox, tubular rear arms, much more. My 17 item list for the winter has exploded.

i waxed my car today ...all my sweat and tears

then drove to my friends house and it rained like it pored

and when i got home i dried her off and now she is all shinny again

Hey Jim, I have some of that Turtle Wax Black Box that I received as a Christmas present. I'm looking forward to trying it on my Monte. Glad you liked it. Now I'm looking forward to it even more.

Cheers,

Larry

Finally installed the new(installed but never driven on) SpeedTech Billet Aluminum rear lower control arms I purchased from Dan last October. Also installed QA1 double adjustable rear shocks. That makes QA1 double adjustables at all four corners. Both parts are almost to pretty to install on a car lol .

Sorry Dan, you definitely can't change your mind now lol . - Dave

ps - dbreese, you ready to buy my BMR tubular rear lowers?

Finally got back to the garage, got my friends master cylinder bench bleed and ready to go on tomorrow. Did some work on the Nomad got the mechanical fuel hooked back to the stock hard line, got the core support in along with the radiator and a/c parts. I did crawl under the Monte and got the motor back on #1 and dropped the dist in, need to turn the motor a little more to get it engaged all the way in the oil pump. Tomorrow the old oil will be drained new oil filter put on and the break in oil in.

Took the 72 to the tranny shop today. Thanks to the Grease sent me I got a kit from BowTie OverDrives for the 700R4 and it now shifts like a new car. Before it hit the gears hard when it shifted. Now smooth as silk and the tranny guy is very happy with the way it turned out. He has ordered a Tranny pan drain plug but his supplier was out so when he gets it in the car will go back and have that installed and while he is at it he seen a couple of drips he wants the check out.

Swapped out my starter, wiper switch, carburetor and added a couple of ground cables on Friday and took it on a 500 mile trip over the weekend. Ran like a champ but the wipers still don't work.

Nygel

Fixed the floor where the right mount bracket is, replaced the bracket, fixed the rusted out part of the frame where one mount is located. I also took off the right side of the cowl, fixed the rust inside there and replaced the outer piece with a dynacorn after market one. It fit great!!

The floor

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

The right side cowl piece

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02468.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

The frame

DSC02463.jpg

Bob, that cowl full of them cigarette butts? I know that cowl gets full of crap without screens, what did you find in there, anything special? lol

Had the carburetor rebuilt and reinstalled it. Runs like a champ now. I was having some issues with it bogging out at times and not being able to adjust it. The guy at the shop said it was definitely time to clean and rebuild it.

Bob, that cowl full of them cigarette butts? I know that cowl gets full of crap without screens, what did you find in there, anything special? lol

Lots of sandy dirt, and Maple tree seeds (helicopters as we call them) Enough to fill a quart size can Rod

Took it out and drove it to INDY today. Two trips in the last couple of weeks. Nothin' quite like a First Gen Monte eating up some road.

ditto Hope to have mine out this weekend. I have to put my 8" rally's back on. Looks kind of Gloomy this weekend. But if it don't rain I will get the Monte out. shifter

My 72 after sitting a few days is hard to start. Took off the fuel line and it was dry. My thought was the fuel pump was letting the fuel pump bleed off. Took off the fuel pump and the bottom was twisted or rather torqued out of shape. Someone put a lot of torque on the metal fuel line warping the base of the old pump. So now waiting for Summit to ship me a new one that is a little heavier duty than the standard one that was on the car.