What did you do to your Monte today?

Cleaned it up and now it is ready for the first cruise in and car show of the season tomorrow at the Chesterfield Legion #408. I am so ready to show off my handiwork of this past winter.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got a car show coming up on the 12th, and I drove my monte to town the other day and the tranny went out on the way back. Long story short, I got another tranny. So today I pulled the engine and tranny. I have a couple oil leaks on the engine so now is the time to fix it up.

I will be reinstalling on Sunday and I hope everything goes as planned and I can make it to the show on the 12th.

Rick

Drove it to work today. Also broke the dome light cover by accident (it was the original - darn it). It was cracked and brittle, didn't take much to break it. Ordered a new one, once it arrives I will install it.

Drove it to work today. Also broke the dome light cover by accident (it was the original - darn it). It was cracked and brittle, didn't take much to break it. Ordered a new one, once it arrives I will install it.

I hit my head on my original dome lens in my 70 years ago (1997) and it broke pretty easy. Ordered a new one and all is good. smile I haven't even breathed on the one in my 72 in fear of it breaking, LOL.

Ordered more parts. When will it ever end?

Hey Royce, it will really never end until you go to that group thing on Tuesday nights and sit around in a circle and when its your turn you stand up and introduce yourself and admit you have...........*. Oh Crap wrong problem sorry.. smile

This problem we all have here Royce never goes away its in our blood lol

Darren. Hahahaha.

"group thing on Tuesday nights and sit around in a circle and when its your turn you stand up and introduce yourself and admit you have...........*."

Actually...there is a group thing that you admit to. It's called OPFMCS or more commonly known as Ordering Parts For Monte Carlo Syndrome smile

Troy

I'm in. Finally decided what direction to take with my engine rebuild. Took my iron 454 heads to the machine shop yesterday to have them install new valves, springs and studs. Had them order those parts along with a Comp hyd. roller cam, lifters, timing set, gaskets, Performer intake, etc.

Dan

I looked at the huge mess surrounding it. I then figured it is too much to clean in one night. So I opened the frig and grabbed a cold one instead

Time for a yard or garage sale Bob! ....everything but Monte stuff that is. smile

That's the problem it's all Monte stuff and tools. If I didn't know better I would have thought the tool box exploded lol

If I didn't know better I would have thought the tool box exploded You have that problem too? My wood shop looks like a hurricane went thru it. I used the wood shop to work on Monte parts all winter. I NEED to clean and straighten up really bad. I will get to it one of these days maybe I think.

"group thing on Tuesday nights and sit around in a circle and when its your turn you stand up and introduce yourself and admit you have...........*."

Actually...there is a group thing that you admit to. It's called OPFMCS or more commonly known as Ordering Parts For Monte Carlo Syndrome smile

Troy

admit you have a FGMC lol

you are a monteholic...embrace it kicking

Well, I installed my engine and new transmission yesterday. Runs like a top! The transmission is a Turbo 350 out of a pickup and it shifts different than the old one, but I am very pleased with it.

I only paid $100 for the transmission from a guy on Craigslist. I was worried that it wouldn't work, but it works just fine.

Polished up the engine and got the Monte all spiffy today getting it ready for my first car show this Saturday. I am getting excited!

Rick

Well I did not do it today but.... This weekend my Monte gets to go to our new home (Oh...we moved) In our old home she had to sit outside with a car cover on but still not completly protected from the elements. Now...our new home has a 2-1/2 garage where it will spend the rest of its non-crusing time protected from the elements. Just thought I would share.

Lloyd

Took a bunch of pictures of her in front of my Mom and Dad's old house. Filled the tank with gas, nice day.

Bruce

I drove my 72 to work, just like the ay before, and the day before that and... grin

It's been a while since I've had the 70 out.