Rob Peters

Awesome !!! Congrats Rob. We hope you get out and get back home, where you belong. I'm sure some fresh air and a change of scenery will do you good. Our best wishes for you, CK

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Peters;

So glad to hear that your doing better. It will be much nicer when you get home. Hospitals suc. Keep us posted on your recovery.

And Just Who is this MR. Peters you speak of???????

Rob

Apparently someone is home and feeling better !!! Glad to see you back on the boards and hope you are feeling better. I wish you a smooth recovery. Rob, Welcome home and back to your FGMCC Family !!!

I'M HOME AT LAST!!!!!!!

It took forever to get processed out but I got released just in time for Patsy to start our journey to the house just in time for the beginning of rush hour and we had to drive right through the center of downtown.

Yesterday morning before Pat got there to pick me up someone that was taking care of me in ICU stopped by to see how I was doing and told me what a wonderful wife I had. That first 5 days were the real touch and go when they had me in an induced coma until I was fully breathing on my own. This person who stopped told me that Patsy stayed at my side all night long those nights talking to me. She never left the hospital except to run home each day to get a shower and then was right back at my side and the only sleep she got was cat naps in the ICU family waiting rooms.

I did not post last night because I was just too exhausted. Just a trip up and down the steps drains all my strength. Yesterday was a cool rainy day here in Pittsburgh and just as they wheeled me out of the hospital to get into the car the sun broke through the clouds. I smelled the fresh air, saw the green grass and felt the warm sun on my face on a cool day and started sobbing like a little kid. All I could think of was how, due to errors made by them, I almost died twice for a simple kidney stone proceedure.

Again, thanks to everyone who has helped get me this far with your prayers and thoughts. Please keep them coming during my home recovery.

Thank You!!!!!!

rob

Awesome news Rob. Keep getting better. That sunday when I called your cell to see how you were, I never would have imagined how serious your health was. Needless to say I didn't keep Patsy on the phone long. Again, good to see your home, Thank the Lord. - Dave

Great news you are home Rob, Like others have said, we take the warm sun and fresh air for granted sometimes. I bet its a huge relief on your family to have you home again

You sure know how to go out of your way to get some much deserved time off work huh? wink

Who-Hoo!!! I can breath a bit easier knowing you are back home to finish your recovery! God Bless Patsy for her love & dedication during the last couple weeks.

Sorry I have not posted any updates since I came home but I tire very easy. Also, I have developed an infection which has been spiking my temperature to 101 and above which totally saps all of my energy. They have done several cultures and we will know the results tomorrow. I may have to go back into the hospital to have the stint removed if that is found to be the source of the infection.

I am so tired of feeling bad and not able to be active. It is hard for me to not be able to do many things for myself. I have a Visiting Nurse, a Physical Therapist and Occupational Therapist coming several times a week which also saps my strength.

I know I have to be patient and work through all this but again, it is hard for me to wait to feel better. I know this time next week I should be showing signs of improvement.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers because I can't say enough how much it means to Patsy and me.

Rob

Its good to hear Rob, although the low energy has to be taxing to say the least! The pros are there to help you, and Im sure you will do your best to follow their lead. Get yourself well, and for now enjoy the extra family time the best you can