What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday I took the 72 down the mountain into SC and followed old sections of the historic Bankhead Highway between Greenville and Spartanburg before returning home. It rained non-stop. On Sunday it was sunny all day. I took the 70 and followed the Dixie Highway down the mountain into SC again and drove some more two lane roads before returning home. Great way to spend the weekend, traveling old roads in great cars. smile

When I'm visiting my brother-in-law in the Mullins South Carolina area we ride for hours on the motorcycles. It sure is pretty there....and the pavement is like glass compared to up here.

Glad you had a great weekend of touring Mike. smile

Cheers,

Larry

Got the 72 all loaded and ready to roll out. Going to the James Dean Run and Car Show in Fairmount Indiana today, tomorrow and maybe Sunday if it does not rain Sun. I preregistered and got number 671. There will be one heck of a lot of great cars there. Also just norht of Fairmount Gas City has the Ducktail Run going. Last year I went to the Ducktail and it was crowded, really crowded like 2600 cars or more and very limited parking if you got there late in the morning.

Originally Posted By: DDay
It was $65. each for a 15x7 rim. That included blasting, degreasing and coating the entire rim.

Wow! I won't let my powder coater read this. All 5 of mine were $130! And those are 15x8's.

I heard prices from 45 to 70. chose this company as they were close. #you did good

Well I thought the gauge was working. Now it stays at 1/2 mark. Before it stayed at 3/4. I did disconnect the lead in the trunk and showed way over full. grounded out lead and got about 1/4. I am at a loss. I filled up Saturday and drove about 38 miles. When I filled up it was still at 1/2.

I took it out for a little spirited cruise today. I had it cleaned up for the shows this weekend, but one got rescheduled because of the weather and the other canceled. frown Anyway, thought I'd take her for a spin. This thing handles well and moves out like a champ. Many thumbs-up from other random drivers.

After massaging the front crossmember and installing a holley hp 170 mechanical pump, I'm re-plumbing the fuel system from the current electric fuel pump system. Removing the pump, return line, wiring, relay and regulator.

All -8 stuff.

David

Went to a cruise in in Danville IN this evening. I am not sure about driving 1 1/4 hours just for a cruise in. I guess it was worth it though because I got to see my 7 year old granddaughter and had a great breaded tenderloin at a local eatery and seen a lot of nice cars and some not so nice. LOL LOL

I picked up the one piece floor pan with rockers as the last piece

I need to start my deconstruction...got my rims delivered yesterday and ordered my tires for mounting on Monday...

I'm starting to get REAL giddy

Drove the 71 Monte to work for the last time this year. Putting the 71 away for the winter. The 70 remains insured all year so I still have something to cruise in on weekends.

Drove the SS two hours away up to see Joe(Toppless72). We went to a friend of Joe's house and bought some '55 Hardtop parts, not planned just happened! Had a GREAT time and it was a beautifull day. Joe is a class act and a very nice guy. smile