What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

The little car is a Johnny Lightning (Counting Cars) diecast that I sanded down and my Granddaughter painted to match my ride.

mini car.jpg

• Like 10

Well got the MC out of the garage today and let it run for awhile. While I had it out I figured I would take a few pics while it was such a pretty day.

IMG_0934.jpeg

IMG_0930.jpeg

IMG_0928.jpeg

IMG_0926.jpeg

• Like 13

Wouldn't it be great if we could see it in person at the FGMCC Eastern Meet in Carlisle this June?????  There is still one room left at the club Host Hotel.

rob

• Like 4

Rear shocks for me too,  had a very small air leak I thought was the old shocks. They were a bit spongy anyway so New shocks and  still very small leak (a few days to leak down) . So the hunt was on, soap water and trouble light in hand found a couple of fittings on level control unit leaking. Test back on so hopefully that's it.

• Like 5

Did some touch ups today.

The rebuilt engine had an oil leak that could only be addressed by removing the head. A few weeks ago my engine builder came by to pull the head/intake and fix the plug that was causing the leak. I finally got around to doing the paint touch ups today. 

IMG_2422.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

• Like 12

That sucks Aaron.  It's always something.  Did he say what happened to cause the issue?

rob

I opened my latest box from OPGI, usual product disappointments, but  I'll make it work.  Not all bad stuff but nothing ever seems to just plug in, lol.  Finishing my complete interior restoration on my 70 SS.  I bought this car from a collector who passed .  He had done everything, engine, trans, complete body, exhaust ect. except the interior that was gutted.  I thought it would be quick and easy but it's been a challenge to get it the way I want. I have way too many cars and trucks so my ADD does not help.  I promise to post some pictures of "Oreo" someday soon.  Peace. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

That sucks Aaron.  It's always something.  Did he say what happened to cause the issue?

rob

There’s several little plugs in a small block. One decided to leak. The builder said out of the hundreds of small blocks he has rebuilt this is only the second plug he has had leak. I wasn’t too critical. Stuff happens. He came over and did all the work to reinstall a plug and seal it up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinnerhound said:

I opened my latest box from OPGI, usual product disappointments, but  I'll make it work.  Not all bad stuff but nothing ever seems to just plug in, lol.  Finishing my complete interior restoration on my 70 SS.  I bought this car from a collector who passed .  He had done everything, engine, trans, complete body, exhaust ect. except the interior that was gutted.  I thought it would be quick and easy but it's been a challenge to get it the way I want. I have way too many cars and trucks so my ADD does not help.  I promise to post some pictures of "Oreo" someday soon.  Peace. 

I look forward to seeing the progress. I ordered my interior stuff from a few different vendors depending on the product I needed. You still have time to get it ready for the Western Meet in September. 😁

• Like 3

Was finally able to take mine out today, ran good no problems.  Went to an eclipse event but hardly anyone showed up so I came back home. Eclipse is about 1/2 now but mostly covered by clouds. 

20240408_125750.jpg

• Like 14

Took the first ride since the new battery a month ago. Cranked very quickly and fired up faster than I expected. Took a short drive and all is not too bad... 1- Trans leaking 2- Plastic right inner fender cracked (nothing new) big time.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Was finally able to take mine out today, ran good no problems.  Went to an eclipse event but hardly anyone showed up so I came back home. Eclipse is about 1/2 now but mostly covered by clouds. 

20240408_125750.jpg

When does production start on orders for Smurf Custom Hood Scoops ? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Steve, your car looks fantastic ! 

The blacked out grille along with the cowl hood, really sets that car out in a crowd. 

Also matching the interior for a complete package  !

VERY NICE 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

When does production start on orders for Smurf Custom Hood Scoops ? 🤣

You can call it a SmurFhoodie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Steve, your car looks fantastic ! 

The blacked out grille along with the cowl hood, really sets that car out in a crowd. 

Also matching the interior for a complete package  !

VERY NICE 👍 

I'll give you a call after we get there and all set up probably sat the 20th or sun the 21. We're scheduled To be there the 20th. Think my daughter gets there Sat earlier in the day than us.

• Like 3

Well  I got my hood ornament fixed hopefully it will stay on lol I had to cutoff a little bit more off the spring so hopefully it will work 🤞

IMG_0944.jpeg

IMG_0945.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Now you can more accurately line up on those squirrels..... lol

There was a member who removed the black Chevrolet emblem and put crosshairs in the chrome ring on his 71 SS. 😁

IMG_2456.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I don't aim for them but don't try to avoid them either lol.

I am with you Steve, don't want to hurt them! But i am not going to try and avoid and smack my car up!!!!

• Like 3