What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Took the 041 original cyl heads in for repair….

Worn valve Guide on engine with less than 5000 miles on rebuild … Nr 4 exhaust valve was worn to the wobbling point.. others were mildly worn …. probably except-able to some...213380492_10209541614854656_4919365258848690397_n.thumb.jpeg.3eab2caf5d8b3fead39b15912e3f566e.jpeg

Don't recommend Quality Machine shop in Medford Oregon … This is the third major problem … I am done with these people… All they do is blame the customer or the install… Fortunately the heads are ok… 

EVC … 

2 hours ago, EVC said:

My new led tail lights arrive today… It took about two weeks,  but I think they are worth the wait…    Will update after install …  IMG_2219.thumb.JPG.9facfce61867975a1b65a325ecf95850.JPG

I think you'll be pleased with the outcome. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EVC said:

My new led tail lights arrive today… It took about two weeks,  but I think they are worth the wait…    Will update after install …  IMG_2219.thumb.JPG.9facfce61867975a1b65a325ecf95850.JPG

Forgot to add this in my comments, hope you got the pig tails so its really plug and play. There is a thread on this also 

Today I'm painting,  unfortunately not on my monte. I screwed up my wrist sanding on the hood and have been unable to do any more on it. They think carpel tunnel but have to do a test so waiting for insurance to approve it so for now I gotta do stuff that don't cause to much pain. I may go down and try a little bit but probably not because painting molding is still causing some pain and will probably pay for it later. We'll see.

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Today I'm painting,  unfortunately not on my monte. I screwed up my wrist sanding on the hood and have been unable to do any more on it. They think carpel tunnel but have to do a test so waiting for insurance to approve it so for now I gotta do stuff that don't cause to much pain. I may go down and try a little bit but probably not because painting molding is still causing some pain and will probably pay for it later. We'll see.

See what happens when you pick on me. Lol. Jk. I think I have it also some days it really sucks. At least you’re still working. 

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That is what happens when we get old physically.  Mentally My mind thinks I am in my 20’s until the evening rolls around the it eats what in the heck were you thinking of you stupid ole fart

• Haha 3

Tell me about it , Can't seem to remember things like I used to. With that being said..... What were we talking about??? 

My wife tells me that I only have 2 faults ,  the first being that I don't pay attention to what she says , I can't remember what the other one was. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

T

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

I think that’s pretty much said in all couples home. I know it is here. Lol. 

That's another reason that men tend to die before the women....................... because they want to! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, DragCat said:

Forgot to add this in my comments, hope you got the pig tails so its really plug and play. There is a thread on this also 

Gottem… Plan to install as soon as I finish the bad valve guide on # 4…   I have the head back on…  long story .. 

Went with my Daughter to pick up her new '66 El Camino … 

Has a big block 454 with 308 gearing … Done right,,, but needs detail work …. She wants to do the work herself…  Awesome Daughter, Awesome truck… 

273601159_1886121081591052_1328818598023585642_n.jpeg

IMG_2227.heic

Doing some trim replacement work, not with aftermarket stuff.. took drivers trim overtop of window.. off today.. was very pleased at condition of the gutter underneath... no rust.. the trim had one small dent in it ,but in a noticeable spot... 277CD66C-B9E7-4D2E-B073-8B996DEAF90F.thumb.jpeg.278a66068c8fe58159caf02a34dad9f3.jpegReplacing one section of rear glass trim and top section of windshield.. Then on to the next project.. Heating -air control panel  replacement and vacumn hose check.. love it!

• Like 3

Tested new lights …..  used a 9 volt battery, connect the green wire to the negative and red or black to the positive …. Don't do this with the car battery…..

793705258_IMG_22392.thumb.JPG.2c00496a3e6db11d5b3c4f8569f6ff7b.JPG

Testing LED lights for proper polarity with a 9v battery is also a great way of determining which wires are positive and which are negative. For example, if you have a three wire LED light assembly, touch the suspected negative(-) wire to the 9v battery negative(-) side and at the same time, touch the one of the remaining wires to the 9v battery positive(+) side. If by chance you’re mistaken and end up with both positive wires connected to the 9v battery (LED + to 9v(-) and LED+ to 9v(+) ) no damage should occur.

Automotive Truck – Trailer LED Lights

Posted on

April 19, 2012

Categories

Electrical

8 hours ago, EVC said:

Tested new lights …..  used a 9 volt battery, connect the green wire to the negative and red or black to the positive …. Don't do this with the car battery…..

793705258_IMG_22392.thumb.JPG.2c00496a3e6db11d5b3c4f8569f6ff7b.JPG

Testing LED lights for proper polarity with a 9v battery is also a great way of determining which wires are positive and which are negative. For example, if you have a three wire LED light assembly, touch the suspected negative(-) wire to the 9v battery negative(-) side and at the same time, touch the one of the remaining wires to the 9v battery positive(+) side. If by chance you’re mistaken and end up with both positive wires connected to the 9v battery (LED + to 9v(-) and LED+ to 9v(+) ) no damage should occur.

Automotive Truck – Trailer LED Lights

Posted on

April 19, 2012

Categories

Electrical

Ed,

Which company did you get yor LED taillights from.

rob

48 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Ed,

rob

The seller info on EBAY was "Superdealsfastshipping"……. 7318 …  

4 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Ed,

rob

Rob, I think this is better info on the manufacture and origin of the lights… The person billed is apparently the dealer … 

Ed … 

IMG_2246.thumb.JPG.c246ddcb52bd68183024834135947c88.JPG

8 hours ago, EVC said:

The seller info on EBAY was "Superdealsfastshipping"……. 7318 …  

Interesting, I got mine, and my buddy got a set for his 69 Camaro a while back from the info listed in the LED Tail lights thread.

(The name of the company is TECHNOSTALGIA  and their website is info@coolleds.com    The owner is Todd Sondles)

• Like 2

Thought I posted this earlier today, but it hasn’t shown up... Replaced the heater / AC selector switch assembly in the dash . Was quite an ordeal.. not the best position to work in. But I managed. Will need to replace couple vacuum modules also, which could be even more difficult... we shall see/ eventually...8408696E-D46D-4037-B908-EFF388EC844D.thumb.jpeg.c792dd024bb29ed5b9607b86a3f1d89c.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, EVC said:

Rob, I think this is better info on the manufacture and origin of the lights… The person billed is apparently the dealer … 

Ed … 

IMG_2246.thumb.JPG.c246ddcb52bd68183024834135947c88.JPG

Ed, I went to their website but could not find the Monte ones listed.  Do you have their part number?

rob