Scott Smith

New member…

I just joined the club a few months ago.  I’m now the proud owner of a 1971 Monte Carlo.  It was given to me by a friend that lives in Pittsburgh.  My buddy owned it since about 1996.  I have memories of ripping around the streets of Allegheny and Westmoreland County in the Monte when I was in high school.  Monte has a 454 with a 3 speed automatic.  Dual 3” exhaust.  Not an original SS car.  Currently restoring a ‘68 Chevelle SS.  When I finish that project I hope to spend more time on the Monte.  Thanks to Chris Shipley for telling about the club and getting me to join.  Scott of Poland, OH.

image.jpg

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

New member…

I just joined the club a few months ago.  I’m now the proud owner of a 1971 Monte Carlo.  It was given to me by a friend that lives in Pittsburgh.  My buddy owned it since about 1996.  I have memories of ripping around the streets of Allegheny and Westmoreland County in the Monte when I was in high school.  Monte has a 454 with a 3 speed automatic.  Dual 3” exhaust.  Not an original SS car.  Currently restoring a ‘68 Chevelle SS.  When I finish that project I hope to spend more time on the Monte.  Thanks to Chris Shipley for telling about the club and getting me to join.  Scott of Poland, OH.

image.jpg

Welcome to the club Scott. Great club and a bunch of great people.im glad you joined. Your car is awesome. 

• Like 1

Welcome Scott. Nice looking car and great folks in the club. And well done to Chris also. Maybe you can get him out of work and the two of you can join us in Carlisle next June. I’ve tried. Lol. 

• Like 4

Welcome Scott !! Now that’s a great friend too !! We would love to meet you and see your Monte on the Showfield at the 2024 GM Nationals at Carlisle PA. All the info is posted in the Forums. 

Welcome aboard Scott.  That is a beautiful Monte you have there.  A friend in Pittsburgh Huh.....  I live in Pittsburgh, why didn't he give it to me!!!  You should consider joining us at the Eastern Meet in Carlisle next June to show off your beautiful Monte and meeting a large number of club members.

rob

• Like 5