Mecum Jan 24

23 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

So, a 70 nose on a 71 with a 71 grille. 🤔 Original 3 on the tree converted to 4 on the floor. Depending on the price, not a deal breaker to me. 

Ive had to pass on stick shifts over the years, the old knees can't handle it anymore. 

• Like 2

On 12/20/2023 at 5:31 PM, DragCat said:

Now who's being nit picky 🤣 Don't shoot the messenger I'm just posting the info 🤣

Who?. Not me surely!. . Do appreciate the info mark… 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but the $62,700 for the red 1970 SS already includes the 10% buyer premium.  So, hammer price was $57,000.

The real reason I wanted to bring it up is that, as Jared mentions above, it's same one that sold a few years ago: Mecum Kissimmee January 2022 - $67,100 all-in, so $61,000 hammer price.

That's about ~7% decrease over two years from probably the peak of craziness in January 2022.

Frankly, I'm kind of encouraged by it, i.e. it didn't get dumped for a 30% loss or something similar. 

Will be a very interesting data point to see what it goes for at Kissimmee 2026 LOL.

-Bill

• Like 4

On 1/12/2024 at 11:25 AM, Mopper77 said:

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but the $62,700 for the red 1970 SS already includes the 10% buyer premium.  So, hammer price was $57,000.

The real reason I wanted to bring it up is that, as Jared mentions above, it's same one that sold a few years ago: Mecum Kissimmee January 2022 - $67,100 all-in, so $61,000 hammer price.

That's about ~7% decrease over two years from probably the peak of craziness in January 2022.

Frankly, I'm kind of encouraged by it, i.e. it didn't get dumped for a 30% loss or something similar. 

Will be a very interesting data point to see what it goes for at Kissimmee 2026 LOL.

-Bill

I have no plans to sell in at the Kissimmee in 2026 and at 62,150 I may have over paid.  Don't care.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I have no plans to sell in at the Kissimmee in 2026 and at 62,150 I may have over paid.  Don't care.

Good for you Danny! Nice looking car & welcome to our little part of the world.

• Like 2

Hey Danny, and Welcome to the club!!!!   Great bunch of guys here and always willing to help, when help is needed!!  

She is beautiful, and glad you have no plans to sell her. I as many here have no problem with what you paid as it only brings our values up, but as long as your happy that's all that counts. 

• Like 4

Congratulations,  there are only so many of these cars left in the world. It took me along time to find mine and at the time I thought I over paid but in reality I don't ever plan to sell it so I don't care either.  Enjoy the ride and post some pictures. 

• Like 2

I’m with you Danny, and welcome to the club. When I bought mine, I negotiated the seller down, but I knew it was still about 10% higher than I should have paid. But I got EXACTLY what i wanted. If I didn’t get it, I’d still be looking. Instead I’ve been enjoying the heck out of it  for the last 6 months. 

• Like 1

Welcome Danny. What you paid is irrelevant. You know what you wanted and you got it. I know that I have done the same but sometimes that’s what is necessary. I hope that you’re excited about your purchase and you’ve also joined the best group possible to help you make your new toy special to you. We are all here to help if you need anything. Welcome again. 

• Like 2