S.Maug

hello everyone,  new member to the club  i own 2 70 first gen gems.  1blackon black SS,   the other is black on saddle 402.  ive had first gen since i was 19..  im 62 n0w  

and love them very much.  very non computer kinda guy, but will get better.  need a few parts, love to talk first gen, and love to burn rubber!    looking forward to being part of the club.  

• Like 9

Welcome! I'm sure will enjoy this forum. I'm not the best authority on all subject matters but I think that you will find the answer to all your monte questions. look forward to hearing more from you!IMG_3762(002).thumb.jpg.fe3fd95d5fca5ccf442cc10f0fe046f4.jpg

• Like 2

thank you kpcsgasp  nice looking 72. my wife will have to help me figure the picture thing out.  I am a farmer and a retired gm tech, trying to beat pancreatic cancer presently,

Been a fairly rough year.  Im from Illinois , but with my wifes family in florida all this last year at moffit cancer center, which may i say to my fellow club members if any of you should ever suffer from that disease, i very very highly reccomend them. Feel free to use me as a reference!  hopefully nobody will.  looking for a compressor for my SS, the previous owner pulled because he said it did not work . he put regular shocks to rear and wasn"t realy into keeping her stock.  i have been trying to find one for years. even if inoperable.  she"s got 67,000 miles.  Great driver. I keep her in Illinois.   My other 402 girl i keep down here in florida, shes got 32,000 miles and is immaculate. she gives me a lot of comfort during my medical issues.  I polish her every day I feel able to get outside.  sorry everyone but i do go on, wife says hush up.  ive always been known to be a big conversation fellow, havn"t been around friends in over a year.  anyway feels greaT TO FIND A NEW WAY TO EXPRESS MYSELF.  

• Like 7

Steve, it was great to talk to you yesterday.  I am glad you have become our newest dues paying member of the club.  Talking to you,  I am  impressed with your obvious positive attitude regarding your cancer treatment.  My thoughts and prayers are with you in your battle.

rob

• Like 1

THANKS ROB AND CNYFIRST GEN 71.  MY WIFE IS SO PROUD THAT THIS CLUB AND FORUM HAS PRESENTED ITSELF TO ALLOW ME TO EXPRESS MYSELF. THIS MY FRIENDS IS JUST WHAT THE DR ORDERED.  

• Like 5
  • You're Welcome 1

THANK YOU, MC1of80     MY WIFE SAYS SHE WILL HELP ME.  THEY ARE TRULY MY PRIDE AND JOYS.  

• Like 1

Welcome Steve to the club. It looks like you have some real gems there. I’m totally computer illiterate but it’s easy to send photos. My wife and granddaughter will occasionally give a hand.You’ll have it down in no time. This club has some amazingly knowledgeable members, some will definitely put a smile on your face. Sorry to hear of your struggle. You seem to have a positive attitude, which definitely has to help towards treatment. Please keep us updated on your progress. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.

• Like 1

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH Marks71, POSITIVITY IS MY SPECIALTY, I FIND IT"S EASIER TO BE POSITIVE THAN NEGATIVE.  MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE OF 33 YEARS AND LIFE IN GENERAL HAS TAUGHT ME THAT.  PICTURES SOON, AND I KNOW I"M FEELING THE WARMTH AND KINDNESS OF OUR CLUB ALREADY.  THIS IS REALLY GONNA BE GREAT!

• Like 2

Welcome! This is a great group here.

I’ve had my 70 Monte since I was 19 also but I’m 47.

• Like 1

Welcome Steve!  Being from Chicago I mistakenly read your location as Buffalo GROVE. Happy to hear you’ve found the FGMCC site.  You’re gonna enjoy this group. And thank you for your service.  

• Like 4

Welcoming Steve. The positive attitude is refreshing and is what we like to have on the site. A lot a of great folks here and most will ramble along with you. The cars and mostly the people is why we’re here. If you really want to talk cars you may want to join us in Carlisle PA , if you’re up to it, to see a bunch of great cars and meet a bunch of great people. And yes we dedicate the evenings to rambling in the parking lot. You’ll fit right in. Welcome again. 

• Like 3

Welcome Steve and thank you for becoming a dues paying member. The best Club for First Generation Monte Carlo technical information, multiple annual Club Meets, camaraderie and fun. Thank you for your service too. Looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing about your 2 Monte’s. Enjoy !!!

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of Steve's Monte's, at least one if them is an older picture.

rob

Resized_S.thumb.jpg.10ad35efa031647ef0c7ee8de296e64d.jpgResized_2.thumb.jpg.78a435dbe07de9e11341185a5b53a42b.jpgIMG_6367.thumb.jpg.29434d3c7b65b06314d82c131d3bfdd9.jpgIMG_0206(1).thumb.jpg.5cf34d84686f8b659115cb49a75f08a0.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome Steve!!!!  Sorry to hear of your issues but as you know, keeping positive is definitely an advantage!!!  The cars look sweet!!  As others said it would be great to see you (if you are up to it) in Carlisle in June as it will be one of our biggest shows. As far as the computer skills, lol i have been here over 15 years and still stink at it but if i need help there are always plenty of club members who will just jump in and give me a hand!!   Thank You and keep up the positivity!!!!

• Like 1

Steve, welcome to the club. A positive attitude is the only way to go. I will send you a message about a compressor. Your Monte looks like mine.

THANK YOU Willie!!!!  LOVE TO MAKE CARLISLE BUT RIGHT NOW HEALTH KEEPING ME CLOSE TO THE DRS.  NOTE, I AM WINNING THE FIGHT!!!

• Like 10

Welcome to the Club!!  2 Monte Carlos? I can only afford 1 right now ( money pit, like buying a boat). Good to hear your kicking that cancers butt! Hope all is good with you. Glad to see we have someone else who likes to talk about our Monte's on here. Need anything , give us a shout on  the forum, we're all here to help. I'm turning 62 yrs old this weekend and have had mine, not as long as you have (20 yrs this October).gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Thank You714024speed.and 420 ponies, everyone has such fantastic cars also.  and happy birthday 420 ponies.  note although I go by steve, s.maug to everyone is just because i like dragons.  please don"t think me a dufus.  ha ha   Since my family made me retire in 2021 after my stroke "yeah i had a stroke too"  even though ive basically recovered from that we still farm. corn beans cattle hogs and chickens.  I do miss the day job of the dealership I worked at for over 35 years.  guess I"m really not retired. 

Ever since i saw my classmate"s red on red 350 powered bucket seat and console 70 gem when I was 17 I fell in love with first gen monte"s.  when he wrecked it and it went to the junkyard i almost cried, found my first one that summer .  never looked back.  although i have collected 8 other 50, 60, and 70"s vehicles and motorcycles, farm equipment, argo 8-wheeler ect.,  my 2 monte"s stand alone as my most beloved and greatest treasures.  should have just collected monte carlo"s.  actually still might as I would like to own a 71 and a 72, maybe, one never knows. wink wink in case anyone knows where those can be found. 

saw many go to the crusher in my life and the rust monster got the rest.  Illinois isn"t kind, my ss from florida  and 402 from texas.  excellent examples.  very fortunate.  if anyone knows of a air compressor and bracket, for my SS, working or non working I would be interested.  the owner I got it from removed because it was inop and wasn"t able to find it when I purchased the car some 40 years ago.  also both factory air cleaners arn"t correct in both my cars.  both run excellent.  the SS stays at the farm in Illinois and the 402 here In florida. the 402 car is 32,000 mile texas car and i would say i will never take it north.  we live very rural and i would never drive it on the gravel roads we have up there.

when i get my SS repainted i"m putting it up in a building i"ll build especially for my collection, never to gravel road drive it again.  I"ll haul to meets  and such.  that"s where the daily driver for my area hasn"t been found and purchased yet.  so any help on that is greatly appreciated.  whew! guesss i"ve about bored everyone to tears.  let me recharge and I promise the dragon will spew Monte Carlo fire once again. thank you all for listening, communicating, and being my new friends.

• Like 6

Steve, I sent you a private message, I have an extra compressor that I might part with. One of the members here (Overdrive) reproduces the brackets. As good as original or better. Let me know.