1970 Convertible Monte Carlo.....

Ok as promised some pics, well lots of them and a big long winded speach to go with it..

I bought a 1970 Monte Carlo That was made into a Convertible with the help of the demize of a 1970 chevelle ragtop.

This Monte use to belong to one of our Members here years ago named Gary Cooper, the first few pics are from when Gary owned it and the rest are the Now pics from when I snapped them.

It is Code 34 as Troy Guessed so Misty Turquiose and has Buckets and console with A/C and Power windows as well as a 12 Bolt rearend and the clock Still works, thats the second car I have owned that it still worked.. It popped up for sale on a site like Craigslist up here and I started asking around for Gary's email address to get some history and to see if the current owner was shooting straight or not and with luck Gary got a hold of me and confirmed everything inc the cost to do the swap and original milage and engine too. Gary mentioned it is an original 350 / 350 car with then only 51,300 miles on it and now it has 54,000 miles on it some 3 1/2 years later and was completely rebuilt as was just about everything else on the car. I started over in Boston MA and then travelled Way over to the west coast of Vancouver Island BC and then Back to Alberta here. I do plan on putting on the Fender Skirts after 15x7's are put on it and detailing under the hood like I did the chevelle if you saw the engine pics from the past. Lots of help was offered to go and get the car thanks to Roy Bunjes but after surgery wasnt feeling the greatest so I put it off as I stayed at my Brothers Thursday night and then had him offer to drive out to go pick it up at 5am so the journey started after all, then after arriveing and picked up the car and loaded it at 12:30am I started the other post Friday night Saturday am to get the guessing started so here are some pics and yes I am quite happy with the purchase...

Darren.

254554490_o.jpg

254555376_o.jpg

THESE ARE FROM WHEN GARY OWNED IT PICTURED ABOVE>>>>>>>

InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpg

25241234_640.jpg

monte2.jpg

monte5.jpg

monte3.jpg

monte4.jpg

monte8.jpg

monte7.jpg

It also came with the original steering wheel which is now back on the car and I took off the brand new wood wheel the last owner put on...I didnt like it myself yet have seen other monte's on our site with it and yes it's for sale the wheel that is...

Darren,

PS. Thanks Vaughn for not spilling the Beans as he had all the info and loads of pics and didnt churp in and thanks Robert for putting up the one pic there until I got the rest..

Congratulations, Darren! She's rare and beautiful! Glad you were able to close the deal and get her home safely. Hope you recover soon and get to feeling well enough to really enjoy her! Nice pics - thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the "new Monte" and your surgery. I hope you take the time to recouperate so you can enjoy your new ride. Feel better and enjoy !!!

What a beauty indeed. Congrats on your purchase, man I'm so jealous! How was it parting with ol Gobi, for me getting the Monte would be an upgrade, though others might consider it differently how are you taking it? Love the pics and thanks for sharing, great news on your recovery. cool

It looks really nice! Thanks for posting the pics. A top down shot would be great. Congratulations on your purchase, but make sure you take care of yourself. That's the top priority.

Dan

thanks guys, havent had a chance to drive it yet not such a great day health wise feeling not the greatest but here are some pics of the monte with roof down and a rear shot and a partial until i get more better ones....

darren.

25241242_640-1.jpg

25241312_640.jpg

25241269_640.jpg

will try in the next day or two, soreness and bruising coming out now..... ttyl...

Very nice indeed Darren. What a beauty. Looks like it came from the factory that way. The FGMC certainly suits going topless for sure!

Hope your health is back to 100% soon so you can enjoy her to the fullest.

Cheers,

Larry

Hi Darren,

I got your pm too late about your purchase but looks like you did good! Ok here is where it gets crazy! I think I know your car.

About 2 or so years back a friend of mine and club member contacted me about a 1970 convertible he bid on and won off of eBay and wanted me to go inspect it for him since he knew I was in the middle of a build. It was located in mass a few hours from us. Well he ended up getting cold feet and backed out before we went out to look it over. Then about 4 months later while at a car show up near Bennington vt the 1970 convertible was in the car corral. So I went through the car top to bottom and took lots of photos too. Here are some of the photos from the eBay auction and ones I took in vt. Is it your car?

04732230.jpg

c9518c91.jpg

072891c5.jpg

2edab52c.jpg

877d8354.jpg

4bc89228.jpg

Hey Jeff, That would be one in the same.... funny how it ends up going from Boston MA all the way up here to Calgary Alberta Canada..... not exactly a 2 hour road trip wink

And that last picture you posted looks very much like the one I have... hahaha...

Darren,

2012_0808monte0004.jpg