What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

I helped a Friend (member from here) get the missing part for his monte he was looking for .... smile

Darren.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my engine harness & some of the front lighting harness wired up. yay

Was stumped for half the day because American Auto Wire's kit I am using makes no provisions for a factory A/C car, no instructions or suggestions how to tie in power to blower motor relay. After looking at several wiring diagrams and decifering how the entire A/C system controls & supporting relay, switches, resistors, etc. actually function and work together as a system, I came up with my own solution to the problem. If it wasnt Sunday I could have just called their tech support and got alot more done today frown A little info in their instructions would have been very helpful, I guess they figure no one has A/C crazy

Got my engine harness & some of the front lighting harness wired up. yay

Was stumped for half the day because American Auto Wire's kit I am using makes no provisions for a factory A/C car, no instructions or suggestions how to tie in power to blower motor relay. After looking at several wiring diagrams and decifering how the entire A/C system controls & supporting relay, switches, resistors, etc. actually function and work together as a system, I came up with my own solution to the problem. If it wasnt Sunday I could have just called their tech support and got alot more done today frown A little info in their instructions would have been very helpful, I guess they figure no one has A/C crazy

Hopefully they will have these minor bugs fixed when I order mine in a few months.

Cory you should have asked me lol there is a 12v orange wire and ign wire that goes into the fuse box. I put both in my fuse box and then didn't use them lol

I thought about contacting you Robert about this, as I thought you encountered a similar situation installing yours, but remembered you were deleting your AC set up, so I figured you might not have investagated this with AAW. I wound up using the orange electric cooling fan lead to supply power to my blower motor/AC relay, seemed like the most logical & easiest option. The orange wire they tell you to use is for a non AC set up & is not fused nor connected to 12v unless you jump or splice to 12v, which I'm assuming this connection is made through the original non AC connections on back of heater controls. So in my application it seemed best to use an alternative fused supply. I also used the ignition swithced ECM feed for power to electric choke. It really is nice to have so many options available on both sides of the firewall for adding almost anything imaginable.

I'm still going to call AAW, they really should put SOMETHING in their literature for guys running factory AC.

Unbolted the rear-end cover to determine if I had a bad posi unit or no posi and to determine gear ratio. I found 3.31 gears smile and a non posi carrier frown. Also found really chewed up gears in the differential mad. Now searching for a 3 series 12-bolt posi carrier...anyone???

Scott

Still doing wiring, no sense boring you with more pictures of a wiring mess. Had to get my left fender out of the vault so I can mount it & my inner fender well for wire routing purposes. Going to be hiding the wiring for the front lighting behind & inside fender best I can. In process of rewireing the entire car with AAW's Monte kit.

Here is a sneek peek of my color though, of course pictures never do any justice as far as paint & color, but close enough.

IMG_20130221_170037_zpsd34f48a3.jpg

IMG_20130221_170058_zpsdfe234fa.jpg

IMG_20130221_170110_zpscb27232d.jpg

IMG_20130221_170135_zps354d2f02.jpg

IMG_20130221_170243_zps45b19a5a.jpg

On all this stuff I keep buying, they keep spelling Monte Carlo wrong, makes me wonder if the contents of these instructions are even correct smile

IMG_20130221_222317_zpsdd0e6634.jpg

IMG_20130221_222331_zps79443858.jpg

IMG_20130221_222412_zps5cf46d6f.jpg

This is a 2012 Mopar color, paint code is "PRP", (I KNOW) but hey I like it. Its called deep cherry crystal pearlcoat. It does have some very nice metallic/pearl to it, unfortuneately it doesnt show up very well in pics, looks great outside in the sun though. The true color & metallics are not represented very well in this pic, but you get the general idea.

IMG_20130221_170243_zps45b19a5a.jpg

Just finished up installing:

upper and lower rear control arms

front and rear sway bars

end link bushings

pittman arm

Make a world of difference

Nice! cool You keeping the standard ignition?

yep, good ol' fashion points, TSC hooked up (not sure if it works) grin

trying to decide whether to go stock mufflers or give it a little rumble shifter

Got it pulled away from it's winter resting spot. Need room around it so I can install the remote power door locks and trunk release that are in our Group Buy. I'll be doing the install and giving it my review for everybody else.

Sounds great!! I can't wait for you to do mine lol

Originally Posted By: footballubet
Got it pulled away from it's winter resting spot. Need room around it so I can install the remote power door locks and trunk release that are in our Group Buy. I'll be doing the install and giving it my review for everybody else.

Sounds great!! I can't wait for you to do mine lol

You better hurry up and get your's done before I'm so old I won't remember how to! lol