My new 71 Monte is home

Here's me and Bea (seller). She and I hit it off pretty well and she said my passion for the Montes reminded her of her late husband. She really wants to keep in touch.

00112.JPG

Driving the 71 to its new home

00310.JPG

Just had to get this photo of the garage while I still have all three. The 72 is up for sale now.

0065.JPG

The first wash. Spent a good amount of time cleaning until it got too dark to see, LOL.

0108.JPG

After dark, April and I spent some time sitting in the car in the driveway with the windows down listening to 8 tracks. Bea gave me a bunch of 8 track tapes.

0155.JPG

Very Cool Aaron, congrats. Digging the garage pic. Looks like a very nice car.

Be careful of those 8 tracks, the earlier versions tend to tear from the spool. My 78 Delta 88 Royale pace car had an 8 track player and I killed a number of tapes and they all seem to be the earliest versions. Enjoy your new girl. - Dave

Aaron, the car looks really great but I really like the coulor/colour/culor.....or how ever you spell it north of the border of your 70 better!

Rob

With the car I recieved the GM Canada information package with all the factory options that came on the car. In that information, I discovered it has a 3.31 posi rear end which was nice to know. It also came with 3 owners manuals: A Canadian version (likely came with the car) and two US versions (one is brand new). There was also a protectoplate with the car but I looked closely at it and it is for a different 71 Monte. Not sure how it got into the glove box of my Monte. Bea gave me an envelope full of receipts for the car but I have not gone through those yet.

The only thing original that appears to be missing under the hood is the pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner. Everything else appears stock/original. It still has the original style points distributor.

I need to figure out how to test the load level system. The air shocks look pretty rough so I assume they need replacing. Not sure if other parts of this system need to be replaced/repaired.

I'll have more fun playing with the car tomorrow. smile

Very nice car indeed Aaron and a great find. It's great that you have the documentation package too. You now have 1 of 65 1971 Canadian Montes that came with the Z20 option. How many red ones were made?

I would post the numbers from the protectoplate and maybe someone on here has the car it is for....you never know.

The "stove pipe" from the valve cover to the air cleaner needing replaced is pretty typical and shouldn't be difficult to find. They take a beating over the years and dented easy because they're so pliable and soft.

Cheers,

Larry

The best way to test the load leveling system is to fill the trunk with Molson........hoser.

Nice ride!

rofl

Take off, eh!

Congrats Aaron..I'm not about to try and convince you on the many reasons why you should keep all three. Just that they look awesome in the garage. whistle

0065.JPG

More photos from today:

0184.JPG

0175.JPG

0274.JPG

0293.JPG

0302.JPG

0326.JPG

I have now experienced a big block. OH MAN! I love it. 454 with 3.31 gears is FUN!

shifteryay