Ribbs

Hello, I just purchased my first Monte last week. Most recent project was a 1970 Camaro (pictures below). It took five years, a lot of metal work, finding parts (the '70 is a one year car for many parts). The Monte is a MUCH better starting point. Looking forward to learning from here like I was able to from NastyZ28.com. I live in NW Washington after growing up in Alaska. Thanks in advance!

Car3.jpeg

Car1.jpg

Monte.jpg

Monte1.jpeg

Monte2.jpeg

• Like 10

Welcome aboard as our newest dues paying member.  The cars are beautiful.  If the Camaro needed as much work as you say you did an amazing job.  

rob

• Like 1

Welcome! Great looking Monte and Camaro.

The only place better than this forum to get some info and camaraderie is attending a Western Meet. This year’s meet is in Logan, UT with members coming from 7 states and 2 provinces. My wife and I will be driving from BC and meeting with other members from the Northwest for the drive. You are welcome to join. 🙂

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Welcome Joseph! Nice job on the Camaro! Congratulations on the purchase of another 70 Chevy! More pics! Lolol 

I will keep posting as I go. The body and paint are a solid 8.5 so my starting point is fantastic. First thing up is suspension, brakes wheels/tires, rear end, and stance. Once those parts are from this century this is a car that I will feel comfortable driving anywhere. The interior will be the follow-on work; the bucket seats are due for new upholstery but I can live with them as they are. The engine and trans are great but when the time comes I will address that too (unsure of BBC or LS, or what).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Welcome aboard as our newest dues paying member.  The cars are beautiful.  If the Camaro needed as much work as you say you did an amazing job.  

rob

The roof and the doors were the only original sheet metal left from 1970. I did NOT do this work, I had a friend doing it. My contribution was mostly parts runner and labor! All of the assembly (except headliner and windshield) was 100% me.

Rust Repair 2.JPG

Rust Repair 3.JPG

Rust Repair.JPG

Paint Shop 1.jpg

Paint Shop 2.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Canuck said:

Welcome! Great looking Monte and Camaro.

The only place better than this forum to get some info and camaraderie is attending a Western Meet. This year’s meet is in Logan, UT with members coming from 7 states and 2 provinces. My wife and I will be driving from BC and meeting with other members from the Northwest for the drive. You are welcome to join. 🙂

Some day, that would be fun!

• Like 3

Welcome!

It's nice to have another 'Joe' here with a Monte & a Z/28 (mine's a year older though).

You've found the best place in the world for first gen Montes, without a doubt. Everyone here is always willing to help, offer good ideas & suggestions, accurate technical info (unlike some of the other places out there), and no drama/attitudes either.

Keep the pictures coming as well, we love them here.

Also, thank you for becoming a dues-paying member! Guys like you help keep this place running, much appreciated!

• Like 6

• 7 months later...

UPDATE: Maiden voyage today. Took all summer to get the suspension/brake upgrades installed. Oh, and a 12-bolt with posi. Got the stance right where I want it. Wheels and tires are big and do not rub at all. Classic Torq Thrust II 18x8 & 20x10. 235/40R18 Nitto in front and 275/35R20 Nitto In the rear.IMG_3379.thumb.jpeg.99b59968704fc26cbbe161ac530885b0.jpegIMG_3370.thumb.jpeg.8071e1e614a6f0f0272fbb4b941a75a3.jpegIMG_3378.thumb.jpeg.6f867677a57da0ad5689c7ea7471239a.jpegIMG_3380.thumb.jpeg.0891e906c20eb698997d29647bd23028.jpegIMG_3381.thumb.jpeg.a763b54645ca96ee32e24dd4a6a1b735.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

• Like 7

On 2/10/2023 at 9:00 PM, Ribbs said:

Hello, I just purchased my first Monte last week. Most recent project was a 1970 Camaro (pictures below). It took five years, a lot of metal work, finding parts (the '70 is a one year car for many parts). The Monte is a MUCH better starting point. Looking forward to learning from here like I was able to from NastyZ28.com. I live in NW Washington after growing up in Alaska. Thanks in advance!

Car3.jpeg

Car1.jpg

Monte.jpg

Monte1.jpeg

Monte2.jpeg

Both are very sharp cars