Joined at the Syracuse Nationals.

Sids Monte

I just finished my car after a 6 1/2 yr. build.  I've owned the car since 1998.  I made first restoration attempt in 1998/99.  Moved it around in pieces until I started over in the fall 2016. I drove it to the Syracuse Nationals from Queensbury, NY.  Its the furthest trip I've taken it and couldn't be happier with how everything went.  Although my plans were to have come earlier and stay until Sunday, the weather held out to still make for a great trip. 

I came across a group of beautiful 70 - 72 Montes and saw the club banner.  It didn't take long for me to join.  I parked with the club on Saturday and although I walked around most of the day, I had a great time talking Montes with a bunch of the other Monte owners / enthusiast.  I'm humbled by all the incredible compliments, especially coming from other Monte owners. 

I'm already working on plans for the 2024 Eastern Meet and hopefully can get out to Lebanon Valley for another meet up.  Looking forward to seeing more incredible Montes and meeting more member in the future.  Now I need a trailer!

Seth  

IMG_1867.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

• Like 14

Seth, We're glad you managed to find us out there and decided to join the club as a full member, and also stay with us on the show field!

The time and effort it took to finish your car after that long process was well worth it, as the car came out beautiful. The quality and attention to detail was fantastic, very well done!

As I mentioned earlier today on the phone, get that room reserved for Carlisle next year, that's a show you will not want to miss. 

Thanks again for joining our club, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Joe T.

• Like 5

:W welcome to the club, your car did come out great. Don't remember if we talked Saturday I was getting around on my scooter too. Like another member Larry says "my remember isnt what it used to be"  like I've told others im not a fan of removing the chrome but you did yours beautifully, looks great.

• Like 5

Welcome to the club. That’s a beautiful car. I’m happy you got to meet a few of the members and learn that’s there is always more than the cars in this group. 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

I didn't realize it took that long of time  to restore/ modify. That's a true testament to doing what you want to your Monte ! I'm in the middle (yrs) of changing mine to  Monte Carlo Custom Clone. Almost there, just a couple of things to finish.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 1

For those at the Nationals, Thanks again!  Because of all your cars, I found out my front lower license plate bracket was installed upside down since day.  haha.  I cant believe I never figured it out.  Something so simple.  It's been driving me crazy.  :rofl:

IMG_1936.jpeg

IMG_1928.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Welcome Seth!!!!! Your car is beautiful!!  I also am not a big fan of no trim but your car came out classy as hell and i really like it. I might have to do that to one of mine someday! 

That plate thing is not a biggie, you learn something new here everyday, We are always willing to help. Sometimes i forget and even ask more than once!

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 1

22 hours ago, Sids Monte said:

I just finished my car after a 6 1/2 yr. build.  I've owned the car since 1998.  I made first restoration attempt in 1998/99.  Moved it around in pieces until I started over in the fall 2016. I drove it to the Syracuse Nationals from Queensbury, NY.  Its the furthest trip I've taken it and couldn't be happier with how everything went.  Although my plans were to have come earlier and stay until Sunday, the weather held out to still make for a great trip. 

I came across a group of beautiful 70 - 72 Montes and saw the club banner.  It didn't take long for me to join.  I parked with the club on Saturday and although I walked around most of the day, I had a great time talking Montes with a bunch of the other Monte owners / enthusiast.  I'm humbled by all the incredible compliments, especially coming from other Monte owners. 

I'm already working on plans for the 2024 Eastern Meet and hopefully can get out to Lebanon Valley for another meet up.  Looking forward to seeing more incredible Montes and meeting more member in the future.  Now I need a trailer!

Seth  

IMG_1867.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

Welcome car looks great 👍!!!!

Seth, We are glad you were able to find us, become a member and join us at the Syracuse Nationals. In building your Monte, you had a vision and definitely obtained it with great detail. We hope you enjoy your “new” Monte and the First Generation Monte Carlo Club. More good things to come !!

• Like 4

Welcome aboard the best First Generation Monte Carlo Group.  I look forward to meeting you in Carlisle.

rob

• Like 4

Welcome Seth!  WOW!  What a beautiful job you did on your Monte!  That is a beautiful car and very nice upgrades and attention to detail!  I especially like your hood hinges.  Where on earth did you find those?  They look Wicked! Is that an LS in there? Which one did you use? (cid?)  Great folks here, but after rebuilding this car to the level you have you probably already figured out what you need to know about your car and can probably contribute a great deal here.  There are some great folks here with a wealth of knowledge.  

• Like 2

I believe it's a BBC . Seth said just around 740HP.  A 9" in the rear with 3:25 Gears? He's getting some mileage out of that combo. Just amazing the attention to detail. A lot of people were looking a it along with all the other Montes there.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:29 PM, NavyCPO said:

Welcome Seth!  WOW!  What a beautiful job you did on your Monte!  That is a beautiful car and very nice upgrades and attention to detail!  I especially like your hood hinges.  Where on earth did you find those?  They look Wicked! Is that an LS in there? Which one did you use? (cid?)  Great folks here, but after rebuilding this car to the level you have you probably already figured out what you need to know about your car and can probably contribute a great deal here.  There are some great folks here with a wealth of knowledge.  

Thanks for the compliments!  I've owned the car since 1989 and it was in pieces until 2016ish.  It took about 6-7yrs.  Hood hinges are from Eddie Motor sports.  FYI - requires higher pressure shocks for steel cowl hood.  Its actually a BB chevy (merlin block) 555 cu.in. with Edelbrock Proflow XT fuel injection.  I did not build engine myself.  It's backed up with built 200 4R.  I look forward to the help and helping others.  There's is always something.  

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, FrankOC said:

Hey Seth,   nice to meet you in Syracuse.   I think I heard you are going to Adirondack Nationals show in September?  If so, I'll see you there.

Im entered and will be there!  Local for me.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:38 AM, 420ponies said:

I believe it's a BBC . Seth said just around 740HP.  A 9" in the rear with 3:25 Gears? He's getting some mileage out of that combo. Just amazing the attention to detail. A lot of people were looking a it along with all the other Montes there.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

Correct: 740hp, 200 4R, 3.25 (9" rear).  I drove around 300miles and got around 11-12 smiles/gallon.  Premium pump gas.  A bit of fun in there and probably drove around 90 for about 10 miles following a SRT Durango on the way home.

I intend to do a more accurate MPG check because I was estimating a full tank vs. letting the pump stop.  I recently pulled my tank to moved my vent so I just filled with the pump stopping for the first time.  haha.