Another Fallen Hero

willie

Everyone knows that i am not a person to put my private stuff on the web. But two weeks ago something happened to my family and I that kicked me in the gut!! 

I received a call from my brother stating, my cousin Bernie was shot and killed. Not that i haven't gotten a call like this before for other cousins. But nothing bad ever for him, he was 48 years old and a Great guy, never said a bad word about anyone. Always willing to help anyone, and always trying to look at the positives!  He also did his time in the Army before becoming a bus driver.

Well it was true, He was a bus driver up in Germantown, a town in Philly, for 12 years.  Some person got off the bus, turned around and shot him 6 times.  Everyone was questioning that he might of had words with that person, but i kept denying that as i knew he would never say anything no matter what. It turned out i was correct not a word was spoken.

After i received the phone call from my brother, i immediately texted my cousin Ang (his sister) with just Hearts, because i didn't know where or what she was doing. A min later i get a call from her, hysterically crying, (understandable) and she said to me "Willie i am on the floor of the hospital crying my eyes out because i am waiting for Dad (my Uncle Bernie) to come out of chemo for lung cancer to tell him, he lost his son today".  I lost it at that point for the rest of the 2 weeks. Nothing has been the same since. I still have tears rolling down my face as i am typing this. 

A little background on Bernie and Angela, they lost their Mom (Aunt Pat) when they were 10-12 years old. Uncle Bernie had to work so they always got moved around from one Aunt to another depending on who was available for the day or week. But as they got older Ang always took care of her younger brother, always. As they got to be adults they moved to PA together and eventually bought separate houses. So she was very close to him.

I always had a special place in my heart for them because of what they had to go through in their life. Now its for Angela.

RIP Bernie, and Angela i will Love you forever

I have a very big family on my Moms side. God blessed me with 33 cousins, of which i know have 22 left. Love them all!!!  There is a lot of stuff i am leaving out as i don't want it all over the web, so you guys have to read between the lines here.

Sorry for the long post/vent

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

I’m sorry as well Willie. We all need a place to let out a few emotions. If it gets out on the web that’s ok, it shows the human side of all of us. Remember people first, cars and humor a lot further down the list. We got you if you need anything. Praying for all your family. 

• Like 3

Willie,

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin.  I am also sorry for the pain and emotional strain it is putting on your family.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to call me..

Rob

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing Willi, that’s what this FGMCC family is all about, we are here for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you now.. being a bus driver and a friend of yours, this touches my ❤️ 

• Like 5