Parts Place Inner Fenders

Anyone have experience with the inner fenders offered by Parts Place? Wondering about quality, appearance and fit. Hate the idea of spending the $$$$ and then needing to modify the holes to make the inner fenders fit. Did that with the current set of Chevelle inners...once was enough. Also wondering about shipping, are the units prepared for shipment in such a way that they have a chance to arrived undamaged ?

Ray i had bought a set from the parts place, years ago. I didn't use them so can not tell you about the fit, but i still have them and will use them in the future. They were packaged well, and they had no breakage when they arrived.

• Like 3

I put them on my 71 a few years ago.Look and fit really nice. Just keep the bolts loose so you can massage it around a little. Shipping was as Willie stated. I have ordered parts from them recently and had no issues but they are now owned by someone else. Classic Industries I believe. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LS65Speed said:

Anyone have experience with the inner fenders offered by Parts Place? Wondering about quality, appearance and fit. Hate the idea of spending the $$$$ and then needing to modify the holes to make the inner fenders fit. Did that with the current set of Chevelle inners...once was enough. Also wondering about shipping, are the units prepared for shipment in such a way that they have a chance to arrived undamaged ?

The Parts Place is awesome!!  

With an order of that size, they’ll throw in an original lug wrench/tire iron for free  

When it arrives, you can use it to pry open your wallet, remove $25 and send it to the FGMCC to become a dues paying member. It’s the best money you’ll spend for all the help and advice you’ve gotten for free all this time. 

097A045F-DA73-42CA-83C9-8B0A3CB24A59.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I had mine shipped to me in Western Canada without issue. They look great. I had to open up a hole or two to get them to fit. Take your time putting them in and you will get great results.

IMG_2308.jpeg

• Like 9

Ok, maybe I'm just old school but this irks me. 48 hours and no reply to the answers that were posted to the question. People take the time to respond and try to help and then its crickets 😲

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

Ok, maybe I'm just old school but this irks me. 48 hours and no reply to the answers that were posted to the question. People take the time to respond and try to help and then its crickets 😲

I hear you, Mark…and I agree, 100%. 

However, maybe my not-so-subtle attempt at sarcasm and ball busting influenced the (lack of) responses. 

Yeah, I’m blunt at times, but I also feel that people occasionally need to be gently reminded that answers to questions - even “simple” questions - requires time. 

There are people here who spend a considerable amount of their time digging through resources, old parts and prior FGMCC site content to provide the best available answers and advice to anyone who asks.  On occasion, it’s perceived this time and effort is taken for granted. 

To put it in perspective, one would likely be charged for simply consulting a mechanic to diagnose a problem;  here, one will not only find the experience and expertise of those mechanically inclined, they’ll reap the benefit of knowledge from those who own the same car.

In my mind $25 is the bargain of the century for access to this Monte Carlo treasure trove… even if you have to endure my unorthodox method of criticism.  Please don’t interpret my barbs as personal… I’d tell my mom the very same thing.  

And not for nuthin’… I responded to your comment in under an hour, Mark.  See?  I didn’t make you wait 2 days. 

• Like 9

Very well said Glen, (and Mark).

I belong to other forums where a common answer is "Use the Search function, already been asked and answered".

• Like 4

yes, it has been asked before, but we never get tired of discussing "all things monte"...  the parts place inner fenders are in for over 10 years now and held up great. As Aaron stated you may have to open up a couple holes (a "uni " or cone bit works well )  and as we know, with any multi-fastener assy, leave 'em  all a bit loose ,massage around a bit and they work.  and the large washers, particularly on the lower bolts cover the holes just fine. go for it, and yes PLEASE let us know how you do...inquiring minds always   'want to know !'

'  

'"  

Some people don’t visit the site daily so it could be that he just hasn’t been back to the site yet. I’m happy to help whether someone responds or not. 🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Canuck said:

Some people don’t visit the site daily so it could be that he just hasn’t been back to the site yet. 

He has logged in multiple times since the initial post. Same with the other person that Glen suggested become a full member. Both long term non-members with a long history of posting, usually asking for help with something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

Some people don’t visit the site daily so it could be that he just hasn’t been back to the site yet.  🙂

You are correct in what you said Aaron.  I am sometimes guilty of not responding but I do try to.  In this case he had visited the site 3-4 hours before those comments had been posted.  

While I don't answer questions in hopes of getting a thank you, it is nice when so.eone does.

rib

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Glen said:

And not for nuthin’… I responded to your comment in under an hour, Mark.  See?  I didn’t make you wait 2 days. 

Don't hold me to that time limit, I'll lose every time 🤣

I had to wait till I replied a little so I could finish my first cup of coffee, otherwise DT / the grammar/spelling police would be pointing out my errors 🤣

Nothing wrong with "nudging" people to become dues paying members, it's what keeps this crazy train rolling down the tracks. 

In closing, "blunt at times" ...................maybe, and I mean MAYBE in the forums............never in person 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I guess some people need to be reminded what a great place this is, it's about a lot more than just cars it's about the people here. I joined the club shortly after finding the fourm and didn't actually sign into the fourm until after my first meet. The people I met were very friendly and made me feel like I've known them for years and friendships have grown stronger over the years. The $25.00 is nothing compared to what we get in return. And as Forrest Gump said that's all I got to say about that.

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 1

Are we talking Plastic or steel?

Sorry if I missed that.

If we all voted what would win as the best way to go, plastic or steel?

• Like 3

I installed plastic, very pleased.. can’t really fault those who installed metal, but my plastic ones from the parts place were mfg for a Monte Carlo, not that shorter Monte “want a be.. “…

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I also went with plastic from the Parts Place. Nice quality, my drivers side dropped in and the passenger side needed a little help

• Like 4

It depends on what you are looking for.   Less weight and originality  Plastic.  If not go metal.  My choice is Plastic.

rob

• Like 5

Plastic. Unfortunately, I installed my plastic inner fenders before the Monte specific ones were available so they are Chevelle inner fenders and do not have the wire loom channels in them, nor do they fit exactly. When they finally crack Ill get the plastic Monte ones. Been on since 2002 so who knows when they will finally crack. What I do know is they will never rust. 

• Like 4

Best ones available in plastic.  Remember steel ones will tweak a ripple in your front fenders.  Bodywork the car with them on and bolted tightly! Or you might be sick. Not all but most times this is what I run into. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guys ....indeed I did log in several times to see what follow on posts came after the jack handle reply were put up. 

I am indeed a non dues paying member and have been for many years. Based on checking my profile a week or so ago during that research I think I posted maybe 130 times . For the mathematically challenged that boils down to just over 1 post a month if I indeed have been a non dues paying member for 10 years. I can't recall the "Member Since nnnn" number right now but let's just say 10 years for the h--l of it. In my opinion I offered info in at least 50% of the 130 posts I submitted. I am also of the opinion that I offered at least as much information, or more, than I obtained. Frankly I think I have more technical info to offer than the vast majority of the paying and non paying members, I do not have more info than every single member not by a long stretch, but certainly more info than most. Answers to Monte Carlo specific questions like the one I asked about the inner fenders can only be obtained here but the rest of the technical data about these cars is readily available from many sources.

To the "jack handle" pic poster I suggest you buy some inner fenders and the use the lug nut end of the jack handle to pry open your butt and let out some of the s--t you are so full of. Doing some research after the jack handle I noticed that I am not the only one who has been honored with a wise [censored] arm twisting about paying dues. I felt good knowing I was not alone.

You guys can call the shots at the Club and you certainly have the right to determine what is what concerning paying / non paying members, posting pictures, and number of posts per day. I never cared for the two class system, much less for the arm twisting sarcasm but it is what it is, you guys call all the shots except one.

Having said all that I am outta here.

Goodby.

Edited by LS65Speed

1). “To the "jack handle" pic poster I suggest you buy some inner fenders and the use the lug nut end of the jack handle to pry open your butt and let out some of the s--t you are so full of. Doing some research after the jack handle I noticed that I am not the only one who has been honored with a wise [censored] arm twisting about paying dues. I felt good knowing I was not alone.“

Correct. You are/were not alone in the ranks of site visitors who’ve been called out after not contributing.  Not the first, and probably not the last. No sacred cows, as they say. 

And not for nothing, we have members who live overseas - who will likely never attend a meet - become dues paying members.  We also have members who’ve paid dues for years and never comment.  They understand and respect the whole concept of reciprocity as it pertains to the benefits they reap from the site even if they never post. The magic which happens behind the FGMCC curtain takes time, effort and yes… money. 

2). “For the mathematically challenged that boils down to just over 1 post a month if I indeed have been a non dues paying member for 10 years. I can't recall the "Member Since nnnn" number right now but let's just say 10 years for the h--l of it.”

🤔… “mathematically challenged”, eh?  Here’s an equation for ya:

2024 - 2004 = 20 years   

Here’s an explanation of these variables for those keeping score at home:

(Current Year) - (Year LS65Speed Happened Upon the FGMCC Boards) = (Years Wallet Evaded Pry Tool)

In the time you spent crafting your response, you could’ve PayPal’d your $25 dues several times over and been on the other side of the “two class system” 🙄

• Like 6

7 hours ago, LS65Speed said:

Guys ....indeed I did log in several times to see what follow on posts came after the jack handle reply were put up. 

I am indeed a non dues paying member and have been for many years. Based on checking my profile a week or so ago during that research I think I posted maybe 130 times . For the mathematically challenged that boils down to just over 1 post a month if I indeed have been a non dues paying member for 10 years. I can't recall the "Member Since nnnn" number right now but let's just say 10 years for the h--l of it. In my opinion I offered info in at least 50% of the 130 posts I submitted. I am also of the opinion that I offered at least as much information, or more, than I obtained. Frankly I think I have more technical info to offer than the vast majority of the paying and non paying members, I do not have more info than every single member not by a long stretch, but certainly more info than most. Answers to Monte Carlo specific questions like the one I asked about the inner fenders can only be obtained here but the rest of the technical data about these cars is readily available from many sources.

To the "jack handle" pic poster I suggest you buy some inner fenders and the use the lug nut end of the jack handle to pry open your butt and let out some of the s--t you are so full of. Doing some research after the jack handle I noticed that I am not the only one who has been honored with a wise [censored] arm twisting about paying dues. I felt good knowing I was not alone.

You guys can call the shots at the Club and you certainly have the right to determine what is what concerning paying / non paying members, posting pictures, and number of posts per day. I never cared for the two class system, much less for the arm twisting sarcasm but it is what it is, you guys call all the shots except one.

Having said all that I am outta here.

Goodby.

Ray, You first logged in in August of 2004.  That means you have been checking in on the club website for almost 20 years.  As far as the post count is concerned, it currently showing you as 132 but that count is incorrect, it may be many, many more than what is showing because a few years ago we updated our club website and when that happened everyone here lost their post count and started back to "0".

Looking at your profile, since September of 2018 you logged onto the club website over 320 times which calculates out to over 50 times a year so almost weekly.  

Even if you have offered up information to others here, I am sure you have also asked for information.  The dues for our club are not only to keep the club up and running it is also to keep this website operational.  Web hosting is not free, nor is keeping a club operational with expenses like the website, mailings, club insurance and many other bills that must be paid.  Compared to other clubs, our dues are not very high.  Is our dues worth $25.00?  I think you would not find any other First Generation Monte Carlo Club website or for that matter any Monte Carlo Club Website with as much available information available or as reasonably priced club dues.

I am sorry if you are offended if some of our members are urging you and others to become a dues paying member, it is because it is the dues paying members that are making it possible to keep this club and this website operational... especially when they see someone who has been benefiting from from the use of the club website for almost 20 years.  If when you say.. "Having said that I am outta here."  and "Goodby" mean you won't be returning that is your choice and I am sorry you feel that way, but the club will survive on our dues paying members who know a good thing when they see it.

rob

• Like 7
  • Thank You! 1