What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got my fuel pump installed, had to heat up the frame with a rosebud and um...."massage" it for some clearance. Next is putting the airbox on, figure out what I need and don't need on the new harness, get the rad support on and start hanging some body parts on! Freakin ready to have this thing RUNNING AGAIN!! crazy

Took a road trip to a car show left the house car said 3/4 tank sure got enough gas. We are rolling down 95 at 60mph and it comes a stall no power and we missed the exit to get off, coast to the end of the on ramp and turn the flashers on. Found the gas gauge is off(winter project fix sending unit). 20 minutes late VDOT pulls up behind us and loan us a gallon or two of gas. Get off at the next exit and put 16 gallons of gas in the tank and were back in business to the car show. Car runs really smooth even on the non-smooth roads in VA.

Took the 72 to the Good Guy Speedway Nationals. Way to many cars to see in one day but with it raining Fri. Will not see them all. Heading down today around 8AM and today I will park in the Muscle Car Corral. First time in ever being there yesterday and parked in the general field area. To many good lookin cars and not nearly enough time.

2013-09-21_17-42-20_12.jpg

A "home coming" of sorts... Uncle Johnny bought my 72 Monte Carlo while in high School, and sold it to Mom & Dad in 73. I drove it "home" for a visit with Grammom yesterday.

Enjoyed reminiscing about all the places it took our family, and the trips we made in it when Grammom and Grandpop visited us in Bellingham WA back in the early 80's and how 7 of us traveled to Vancouver BC and other points of interest north! (in a 5 passenger bucket seat car!)

BTW Grammom has lived here for 58 yrs and is still on her own at 96 years young.

Worked on the dent and crease in the roof today. Had the car on my lift a few winters ago. When I brought it down, I heard a POP!! When I looked under my Car Cover there was a baseball size dent with a nice crease on the right side. Got to try out my Harbor Freight Stud weld gun today.

th_foofshot_zps9f61e42c.jpg

too bad i couldnt make it there today larry> i took my three monkeys to the lindsay fair but i did look at my car and promised her i would be at it tomorrow

Went back today to the Good Guys Speedway Nationals today. Great weather, great cars and people. Got to take the 72 around the INDY 500 track with us crossing the yard of bricks a picture was taken. I ordered a 12X16d print that I should have in about two weeks. Next year the Good Guys show in INDY is being moved to the Indiana State Fair Grounds the 2nd weekend of June which I will probably miss due to a certain club having a meet in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.