Custom Bench Seat

Murphy

Well, I finally finished my bench seat. Notice anything different? It's actually a seat from a 72 Cutlass S, hence the fold down armrest. I bought new foam and the 71/72 PUI covers, then took it to an upoholstry guy I know, he cut down the seat back foam to fit, disassembled the PUI seatback covers to make them smaller and then put it all together, I removed the buttons from my old benchseat. Then I disassembled the fold down armrest as it was brown and I painted the plastic covers and hinge assembly black. I had already recovered the back seats myself. It's been a lot of work but I sure like it, now my butt isn't bouncing off the floor!!!!!!!

You can see what I started with in the one photo.

post-732-0-82703800-1423347796_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-67181200-1423347873_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-60855000-1423347912_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-34852300-1423348167_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is nice. An armrest is what they should have installed in them to begin with. Surprised Cutlass had one and not the Monte.

That looks fantastic.  I agree with Bill... that is something the First Gen Monte's should have had from the factory or at least as an option you could have ordered.

Rob

I like the seats with the arm rest, nice addition and upgrade, looks factory.

I also like the Toronado seats, bucket seat backs and headrest, with a armrest but all made together.

• 3 weeks later...

That looks really good.  Nice work.  As others have stated, that should have been at least an option.  - Dave

Thanks for all the kind words! Now that the interior is done I'm entered in my 1st real car show tomorrow. It's at Falcon Field which is home to many of the Confederate air force planes (B17, B24 & corsairs) Hope to get some good photos!!