Update....

Hello All, I haven't been on here lately at all and I have shut down my Facebook account too. I have been spending way too much time, effort and money on this hobby in the past and need to make some changes to focus on more important things.

I'm keeping my Monte but I'll be selling many spare parts that I have collected over the past 5 years. I'll post them gradually here on the Club site in the For Sale section. Whatever doesn't sell here I will then post on ebay and locally.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry, 

Cars is time and money consuming hobby.

I totally understand what you mean when you say "more important things".

Wish you the best of luck  ;)

• Like 1

Larry, I applaud your courage and willingness to deal with changing priorities in your life. Ignoring such important matters often leads to irreversible damage.

You have been a great asset to our club by helping so many of us acquire valuable first gen parts, accessories and even vehicles.  I'm sure we will be anxious to help lighten your load if at all possible - not sure what effect the US vs. Canada shipping and monetary differences will have.  Thanks for thinking of us first in the disposition of your excess parts.  Hope you will be able to stick around for a long time and wish you all the best in re-balancing your priorities.

wow, Larry, I hope everything works out for the best. I consider you a great friend & I'm here for you anything you need . I too spent too much time on these cars & I'm retired. I started doing the same with the compressors. Life too short & cars are suppose to be are hobby not are job. Bob

This surprises me. Best of luck Larry. I know my spending on my car has been quite excessive but the wife has not said much about it. I would hate to actually add it all up. :sick:

At first I was thinking this is a prelude to an April Fools Day joke but I guess not.

Take some time off from the hobby or whatever is taking up too much of your time and spend it on the important things like you mentioned. My car has been in a limbo restoration for years...I decided not to spend anymore money on it and just drive it. Years ago I was dumping thousands into it without thinking twice...now the money is spent more wisely on my house :) .

Hope you are not leaving the site entirely :( .

Larry

Life is short and we sometimes get off track of what's truly important. Take care of matters at hand. And thanks for thinking of us first. This is a great group of guys and girls and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say if I can help please ask.

Thanks Joe

Larry,

All of us at times have to make decisions to step away from things that we have thrown ourselves into a bit more than we should.  It is so easy to let this hobby take over our lives, even though we know we know we need to cut back it is hard.  It is a smart person who realizes when that time has come.  Hang in there Larry.  You will be missed here but most of us have told others in the past that Family Comes First.  You have made a very nice tribute to your uncle in what you have done with your car.  Take your vacation from us and you are in our thoughts and prayers.  When you are ready to return to us we will be here.  If you need a sounding board feel free to lean on us.

rob

Thank you so much for all the kind words everyone. You guys are great people and this is a great club. I won't be on here as often but I will be visiting from time to time and will still be a member of course. :)

I'm going to post a grocery list this evening of all the parts I have for sale.

Thanks,

Larry

. I won't be on here as often but I will be visiting from time to time and will still be a member of course. :)

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

When you do come on board, please warn us you are here, in case we are talking about you in the shout box or chat room we can stop right away and delete what we have said before you see it.

rob

• Like 4