Eye surgery

I made it through my first eye surgery today, all is well. It really wasn't to bad and I can already see a difference,  colors are much brighter and every thing looks brighter but it's still a little fuzzy from all the drips they put in there. Be a few days but then I'll be back to normal. 

• Like 7

Glad to hear it went well Steve.  Now you can sing "I can see clearly now" and it will really mean something.  Or do we not want to hear you sing?

rob

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Glad to hear it went well Steve.  Now you can sing "I can see clearly now" and it will really mean something.  Or do we not want to hear you sing?

rob

No you don't want to hear me sing, trust me on that. Funny you mention that song that song was popular when I met my girlfriend in high school and went on to be my wife of almost 33 years. She really liked that song she said it was because she met me. When I hear it I do think of her, we had a few special songs that was one. But yes I can already see clearer now I can't wait to get the other one done in April. 

• Like 1

Glad it went well Steve. It really made a difference in my eyesight. Did not need glasses except to read for several years. Ha d mine done at 7:30AM and was at breakfast before 10AM.  I tried to wear my glasses after the first eye with only one lens and could not do it. After a day or two I could see clearly with my good eye adn it is amazing how quickly the body/mind adjusted to the one eye seeing without the second.

• Like 1

Just think how much better the body work on that hood is going to be!! Great news on the eye surgery. So is it lasik? I'm wanting to know if I may need it soon. Anything closer than a foot away with cheaters and I'm thru..... Maybe that's why I hate wiring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 420ponies said:

Just think how much better the body work on that hood is going to be!! Great news on the eye surgery. So is it lasik? I'm wanting to know if I may need it soon. Anything closer than a foot away with cheaters and I'm thru..... Maybe that's why I hate wiring.

No not lasik it was just cataracts in both eyes. The first one is done the second one is April 4th. I can not believe the difference already its like day and night. Probably won't do any night driving until tomorrow night but I can't wait to see how much of a difference that makes. Now I can't wait to get the other one done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Just think how much better the body work on that hood is going to be!! 

Either that or he will find what he has already done needs more work.   But I hope not.

rob

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hey Steve, just to let you know, 20% of people with cataract surgery have to have more work.. ir happened to me... The pouch that the lens sits on becomes foggy after a few weeks and they have to beam a hole thru it with a laser.. doesn’t take but a few seconds.. Hope you aren’t in that 20% and all stays well ,cause they charge extra for that $$$... I know from experience...

Well here it is a couple weeks later getting ready for my second eye to be done and I'm still a happy camper. Here's an example of how the first eye came out. The first picture is how I see out of my left eye and the second is how the right eye is, I'm looking forward to being able to see clearly again with both. Of course I didn't like seeing the bright white snow on the ground this morning but that won't last long.

FB_IMG_1647951679163.jpg

FB_IMG_1647951687014.jpg

I’ve had one done pretty simple operation mine took a little longer due to narrow angle glaucoma. Will get the other eye done in a year or so I’m told it’s not ripe yet. Just one of the benefits of growing old. The longer you live the older you get. 
John S

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my second eye done yesterday,  I don't remember the first one being this cloudy the second day but it's better than yesterday.  I can't wear my glasses anymore but I'm definitely going to need something for reading.  We'll see how the next few days goes. It's pretty nice out today and would love to take car out but probably shouldn't be driving yet today, maybe later on today. But it's definitely clearer and colors look way brighter. Guess I shouldn't have waited so long.