What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your doing it right Scott, I would love to have the energy to take mine apart like that... cool ... and way to go taking up a two car garage with one car... lol

just got back from the parts store, ordered AC delco, cap, rotor, points, condenser, plug wires, radio suppressor, got a new clutch kit with my pilot and release bearings

unfortunately I need to new wheel bearings in my puddle jumper (S10) before the let go so the monte engine will have to wait cry

Completed my weekly shopping list for steve.

-Sent AC Compressor/ POA for rebuild and check.

-ordered new AC lines

-AC box seal kit/ and foam stuff for tube entry to AC box

-Throttle Cable

-shift light

-PCV/breather grommets

-Fuel pump fittings for fuel lines

-MSD wires

-Moroso wire looms

-New MSD cap/rotor & Coil

-Radiator Over flow tank

-B&M tranny cooler

Cleaned:

-Cleaned/Painted Hood latch

-Prepping my NOS Edelbrock blk krinkle valve covers for install

-Cleaning/Painting Drier & rotor brackets

Installed with Steve.

-Full brake system ....bled and operational

-All fuel lines pump to carb.

-Installed drier and AC tubes we had up to this point

Dan

I havent got the foggiest idea how to host pictures / post pictures whatever the heck you have to do to put them here!

Guess I will just have to keep you guys in suspense. Maybe I can get Steve to post a few of progress ..... HE has the technology ... I sure don't.

Dan

replaced the 3 bulbs in the am/fm 8 track player in the monte..

Darren.

Took Monte out for some fun in the snow this morning!

xmas2012013_zps5c842a96.jpg

xmas2012012_zps1a67f082.jpg

xmas2012011_zps6974360a.jpg

Thats about as far as it goes, Monte hasnt seen snow since I found it buried in the snow in 2005, another winter going by where I have done nothing at all to it, didnt even disconnect the battery this year. It did start fine, first Ive uncovered it for anything other than storing xmas presents since November.

Sam, that engine looks mighty purty. Someday That's what I want my engine to look like.

Replaced my horn (stopped working) and ordered my vinyl top (medium green) from SMS Auto Fabrics. Only place that I found that carried that color.

Ordered a new AC condeser, since I recently discoverd a hole in mine frown. Just when you think you have everything under control that snowball doubles back and hits you again. At least my snowball is getting smaller though, I think confused

If anyone needs one, this is about the best deal going or at least the best deal I found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230692915698

That is a good deal. My condenser alone cost me more than that but I needed quickly to get the car to the Eastern Meet last Aug. The A/C was finished on Weds. and Thurs Morning Glendia and I hit the road to GA.

Installed a set of boxed upper and lower rear control arms, sway bar, and 4 bilstein shocks. What an incredible difference in the ride and handling!

Took Monte out for some fun in the snow this morning!

xmas2012013_zps5c842a96.jpg

Tony, that sure brings back memories! Funny what kids remember ... my daughters (ages 38 and 40 now) still talk about the time(s) I took them to an empty Community College parking lot and cut donuts in the deep snow in our first 1970 Monte Carlo.

They were only 2 and 4 then but they loved it. Just move forward slowly, put it in reverse and give it some gas ... positraction does the rest. grin

Got my gas tank in and completed all my wiring, its a little sloppy but it all works just fine shock

IMG_20130207_212647_zps2b01328b.jpg

IMG_20130207_212345_zps3d7da724.jpg

IMG_20130207_212240_zps8a703e5a.jpg

IMG_20130207_212402_zps35d5aa24.jpg

IMG_20130207_212428_zpsd9eb3dea.jpg

IMG_20130207_212441_zpsb7922be0.jpg

OK IM KIDDING, THE WIRING IS NOT REALLY DONE smile