Prayers For Club Member

Rob Peters

Good Evening to you all.  Today member Ron Tevis had major back surgery.  Only a couple of us here in the club knew he was going to have this surgery.  Ron has back and leg pain for a long time and it finally came to the point where surgery was required.  I asked Ron if he would mind if I posted this here and he agreed.

Ron and Shirley arrived at the hospital this morning at 5:15 and Shirley called me at about 1:00PM this afternoon to tell me Ron was in the Recovery Room.  Shirley told me they installed I think 6 screws and 2 rods.  

A little later, at 2:04 Ron Texed me that he was in the recovery room and had pain but the surgery went well.  At 5:30 he finally made it to a private room.  He still has lots of back pain but the pain in his leg is completely gone and at 6:45 he messaged me that he just had his first meal of the day and it was delicious. (If he feels hospital food is good he must be on some heavy meds).  He also says they have already had him up and walking with a walker and will remain in the hospital for two or three nights.

Ron says he is planning to be at the Eastern Meet at the end of next month.  He will be under lifting restrictions and says he will need assistance unloading his car from the trailer.  Ron will also have the Cafe Press door prizes I shipped to him and he will also have the club award plaques I had shipped to him and will need unloading that and maybe even their luggage.  If you are planning to attend the Eastern Meet and think you will be able to assist Ron when he arrives please post here to let him know or send him a PM to offer your assistance.

The procedures they did to help Ron are called Spinal Fusion and a Laminectomy.  Please keep Ron and Shirley in your thoughts and prayers.

rob

• Like 8
  • Thank You! 1

Yes Ron, Get Well Fast!!!!  I am with Rob not sure i like any hospital food, but i had my family bring me stuff from the restaurant's nearby!!   Shhh dont tell the Docs!!

Thoughts and Prayers Ron!! And listen to the Docs they know what there doing!!

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

As a member who also has back pain and leg pain I wish Ron a speedy recovery! 

I also don't know about hospital food being delicious but not eating all day may have something to do with that. Lol

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

I have heard from Ron a few times today.  They have sent him home.  He will be using a walker for a week.  As expected he has considerable pain in his back but still no pain in his leg.  Ron will be restricted from bending, twisting and lifting for 8 weeks.  Yes, he will need help when he arrives at the meet in Somerset and I have no doubt there will be a lineup of members ready to assist him. 

I want pictures of our members who show up in a nurse uniform to help Ron.

rob

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Rob is Dennis going???   Get Better Ron!!!!

Willie, Dennis will have to answer that and if he does go it will be his decision to show off his nurse uniform

rob

• Like 1

Unfortunately I will not be attending due to family obligations( my whole family will be here and we’re going to the Indianapolis 500) and it’s memorial weekend. But I do have nice enough legs to pull that off ( if you want to see hair and scars) but I’m really not into wearing hats. So that’s out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Best wishes Ron, hope you get back on your feet & feel better soon.

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I want pictures of our members who show up in a nurse uniform to help Ron.

61q04byXWHL._CR0,204,1224,1224_UX256.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Dennis you crack me up!!   

Joe thats a great pic of him!!! 

Now i am waiting for Glenn to put his touch on it!!!

Ron a little comic relief, Get better!!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jft69z said:

Best wishes Ron, hope you get back on your feet & feel better soon.

61q04byXWHL._CR0,204,1224,1224_UX256.jpg

Wow Joe, you've really changed since I last saw you!!!

rob

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Wow Joe, you've really changed since I last saw you!!!

rob

Retirement's a [censored]....

• Like 1

I heard from Ron today in a text.  One of the things that struck me funny is he texted me that his pain today is excruciating.  He also told me 'I'm pretty much invalid today.'

In his text Ron sounded down in the dumps.  Ron is on many pain medications and I found his choice of words that could be used in multiple ways kind of funny so I gave him a call and told him that in the eyes of our club members he will never be invalid!!!  He admitted that he meant "invalid".  

I know, I know, Ron meant invalid as used as sickly and infirm and not able to perform but I could not help but pronounce it as invalid as in no longer legal.

Those who have met Ron and had the pleasure to talk with him know he is a very jovial person and to talk to him now while he is suffering this pain you can really hear it in his voice but by the same token, his sense of humor still comes through.  Fell Better Ron, thoughts and prayers still coming your way.

rob

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you everyone very much, I won’t go into much detail, but these past few days have been a challenge, ... just now getting to the point where I can check the club boards.. Thanks to Rob for letting everyone know... and also for calling to check my condition... although he just had to make me laugh , when it hurt so bad I just you know what myself... hopefully I am turning the corner on the pain.. we just couldn’t get ahead of it.. I feel sorry for anyone that has ,or will have to go thru this.. it was my last option... Recovery will be slow, but looking forward to a great year and fun times at the Monte Carlo club meets... Thanks guys and gals for your prayers.. Isnt this just the best car club ever !  Ron T..  be safe.. 

• Like 9

Yes Ron, Great to see you up and around!!!!  Hope all is getting better for you with the pain.  Glad your back on the boards as that is a sign of going in the right direction!!   Get better my friend!!  

• Like 1