Got some new junk.

Picked up the 72 last Friday. No motor or transmission. Frame junk. But it had a bunch of parts inside. Extra bumpers 3 rear, 3 71 front and 2 72 front. An extra 12 bolt rear end and two extra doors. Tomorrow I pick up the 70, two hoods, frame and a floor pan. 

IMG_6287.png

IMG_6288.png

IMG_6290.png

IMG_6291.png

IMG_6324.jpeg

IMG_6325.jpeg

IMG_6327.jpeg

IMG_6329.jpeg

IMG_6331.jpeg

IMG_6332.jpeg

IMG_6333.jpeg

IMG_6334.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

IMG_6336.jpeg

• Like 6

Yes, yes, yes to all the above. Two more vin’s probably going to scrap bringing up the value of our good cars. See I’m just trying to help everyone. Lol. I think the president of the group should donate money to bring in a therapist at one of the meets. I think it would bump up the number of members who attend, just a thought. 

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Lol. I think the president of the group should donate money to bring in a therapist at one of the meets. I think it would bump up the number of members who attend, just a thought. 

WOW, Dennis.... Frankly it is the craziness I like about this group.  Take that away and it will only be about the cars and I feel we need the crazy people with their water-melons, adult beverages, banana suits, speedo's, "in stock" hoarders, etc., etc., etc. and what would we have???   To me, without the crazies the evening bench racing would just be a bunch of people sitting in a circle in the parking lot staring at their phones, I could do that at home.

rob

• Like 5

14 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Looks like you're trying to catch up with Jared. You may have a sickness.

Exactly what I was thinking! At some point he will be putting up one of those Mega Parts postings.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sbarnette said:

Exactly what I was thinking! At some point he will be putting up one of those Mega Parts postings.

Not intentionally trying to catch up. Jared is down south so he gets the good parts. Me living in the rust belt it takes me 10 times as many parts to find the good one I’m looking for. I know what you’re thinking, why don’t you just buy the good parts you need? My answer is simple, I love the hunt. Always have. One the cars are done I really don’t care much anymore I like the build and all the snowballs and monkey wrenches. Yep strange I know. 

• Like 6

I feel that you scored very well with the parts stashed. I was always ready to go to junk yards down south when I was in the Corps. We'd make weekend plans and what the stuff we found.... Wild . How about a '64 Chevelle convertible with power windows and A /C ?  Power window stuff gone, but, I  got all the A\C stuff , engine gone, 4 speed too. I have the console, 4 speed pedal assembly also. I got all that stuff off in a few hours while the others were still scoping out the yard. Your gaining on jared, just need a few more places for parts.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Your gaining on jared, just need a few more places for parts.

Don't encourage him 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Believe it or not that was his plan. Medical issues got in the way. I personally think it was a good excuse not to attempt a restoration. It was his first car and he’s now 54. He teared up when it left. I teared up when I took it. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3