Just joined today - SE Michigan

Hello.  Owned a 72 MC after the service in 72.   Decided, at 72 yrs., to find its replacement.  I am sending my $25 to FGMCC in Pittsburgh to get started.   Is there anyone out there who has been a member of the club and owner of a 70-72 MC who would have a bit of time to educate me a bit on the basics of the club.   Thank you.  

John Zarb

Luna Pier, Michigan

734-317-7223

john.a.zarb@gmail.com 

Welcome to the Club!! This is 1of the best places for any information on our '70-'72 Monte Carlo's. I think you should contact Leo Konink at Konick's Klassics. He's in our parts source area on this site. He's in Southeast Michigan and would be able to help in locating one for you. Lots of places to look for one on the internet, and if a member is near the area, they can check it out for you. I checked on a '85 Monte for a person when I was staying in Gettysburg,Pa. sometime ago and they bought it just from the pictures of it . Are you looking for a SS or just the Monte Carlo? Big Block cars are getting out of sight prices but ,they are getting hard to find in good shape. Sounds to me a nice driver with minimal issues is what your after. Hope you find your "new" ride.  Again, Thanks for being a new member.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

Edited by 420ponies
spelling

Phone conversation was fantastic, and as I said, don't hesitate to call, any time.

Going to be a great addition to our group!

• Like 4

Welcome John and thank you for becoming a dues paying member. You have come to the right place and hope you like what you see on this Club website. Plenty of awesome people and great info here. We hope you will join us at one of our Club events. A excellent way to see First Generation Montes and meet some of the people you may see online and meet other fellow Club members. Good luck with the hunt for your Monte and enjoy the First Generation Monte Carlo Club !!!

Hey John,

I am glad the information I gave you assisted you in getting logged onto the club website.  Welcome aboard.  One of the things you asked in your email to me was regarding area chapters and I failed to answer that.

In your email to me you mentioned you also have a Model A Ford.  If you joined any of the Model A National clubs you know they have chapters all over the country and world.  The two Model A clubs are "Model A Restorers Club or MARC and the other is Model A Club of America.  Both of these have chapters across the country. As you may know, there are still so many Model A's it is not uncommon for there to be hundreds of them still in many cities so having chapters is an easy thing to find.  Unfortunately there just aren't the numbers for First Gen Monte's to have local chapters.  That said, in some areas we do have groups of our members who get together frequently, the eastern New York group is a good example.

We do encourage our members to host Mini-Meets apart from our yearly Eastern and Western Meets.  This year alone I know of at least 3 Mini-Meets that were hosted by our members.  So in response to your question about chapters, no we do not have chapters.

rob

• Like 1

Welcome to the club John!!!   Hope you get the Monte you are looking for!!  Great club here, a bundle of knowledge and all are willing to help and answer any questions you might have!!

Welcome John, glad you became a member. Mine was a 71 purchased in 74. About a year ago I decided I had to replace it. It took about 6 months because I was looking for the same color, top and interior to match what I had. Just found it in July and joined the club in August. Are you looking to replace what you had by color, interior and engine or does it not matter? 

Welcome John!. This year’s FGMCC eastern meet is in Carlisle PA in June .. Owning your future 72 is not necessary to attend. Just being a club member your qualified. Would be a great way to meet some club members. It’s a great time also.. just contact Rob Peters our president, if you would like to attend and he will fix you ⬆️.. 

• Like 1

John,

You missed out on a very low mileage 72 recently.  Canuck had and sold a very low mileage 72 recently.  I can't remember the exact mileage but it was under 15,000 original miles.  

rob

5 hours ago, Sam (Bones) said:

welcome!

Wow, we have had a Sam Sighting here on the club website.  Don't be such a stranger Sam, what are the chances of seeing you and your car at the Eastern Meet in June?

rob

• Like 1