Be carefull out there

This was posted on one of the Facebook Monte groups. I managed to download and save it.

It appears to be Wednesday, 11/22 in Daytona Florida.

From all the chatter, it sounds like he was doing a rolling burnout.

As we all know, a spot of water, a manhole cover, a dip in the road, etc. can cause one rear tire to have better grip and force the car to swerve.

No word of injuries, I hope they were minor.

Be careful out there friends.

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1
  • Sad 3

I hope the driver and occupants were OK. The fact that there was a pole in front of the truck sure made it a worse impact. It appears to be an SS454 too.

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1713.jpeg

• Sad 4

If the gentleman being consoled in the video is the owner..... He looks O.K.

Physically.

As for emotionally, I'm sure we can all relate to how he's feeling, looking at years of joyful labour gone in an instant. :(

1 hour ago, Scott S. said:

As for emotionally, I'm sure we can all relate to how he's feeling….. :(

If he has any brains at all , he should be feeling stupid… 

I'm wondering if he was in town for the turkey run..

I'm glad it seems nobody was hurt vehicle or pedestrian. As said, I'm sure a few of us have dodged a bullet or not somewhere in our past and put those in the lesson learned column. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

I know I have and continue to do stupid things that could of or should of ended up the same way. 😳

I try not to admit my stupidity on the forums, I've seen a trophy with a 2X4 on it 🤣 But I usually share with my friends so they can remind me of it for the next ten years 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

I know I have and continue to do stupid things that could of or should of ended up the same way. 😳

We all have and still do…. I know I've felt stupid many times after I've risked my life and others. 

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

I try not to admit my stupidity on the forums, I've seen a trophy with a 2X4 on it 🤣 But I usually share with my friends so they can remind me of it for the next ten years 🤣

I’m a fair person. I have no problem admitting my mistakes or misadventures. Remember I give as well as I take. So look out photo-shopper. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...

These were two friends of mine in a 71SS. Blueprint 496 motor. I was rolling my 70 with a 550hp 454 and we did some burnouts for the bikers. I was right in front of this car and saw it happen in the rearview mirror. The throttle stuck wide open. The owner hit the brakes hard but there was just too much power. Neither guy had seat belts on and are both banged up, passenger more so. We got a good look at it after, linkage was stuck open under the air cleaner. Not sure how the hell that happened. Springs wouldnt pull it back and they were new 2 years ago with the engine install.  We drove these two black Montes to the Turkey Run for years and tag teamed all over Daytona. This put quite a damper on it. We had just left the track on the way to the hotel and swung by Main Street for a quick burnie. Side note, lots of cars were pulling out of the Daytona Speedway and squealing tires. The cops were pulling them over, but there were so many they ran out of cops LOL. Daytime pic back home, sad times.

20240101_113045[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for the story behind the accident. I'm glad both the driver and passenger are ok. Any decisions on the car itself? 

• Like 2

That really sucks. But in reality it’s still just a car. The important thing is that everyone was ok. The car can be fixed or replaced, people cannot. 

• Like 2

Did that just happen yesterday?  If yes, that surface rust sure did start to show up quickly.

I know the owner is upset not only with the damage but also with himself.  Glad driver and passenger are OK

rob

“The throttle stuck wide open. The owner hit the brakes hard but there was just too much power.”

“Neutral” comes in handy in such a rare instance. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

“The throttle stuck wide open. The owner hit the brakes hard but there was just too much power.”

“Neutral” comes in handy in such a rare instance. 

Neutral and shut it off quickly, been there done that saves a lot of hassle. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DragCat said:

I just saw a headline somewhere that the local big cruise in was cancelled because of such antics. 🙃

I don’t blame them at all. There’s unwritten rules and codes that demand strict compliance at these shows.  I can’t tell you how much it impresses me to see kids at shows who stand with their arms behind their backs as they lean in to take a closer look. I always compliment them and their parents in such instances.  

But there’s always at least one or two jackasses who have to get sideways leaving a show. And it’s always inevitably too close to people or cars.  

There’s a time and place for everything… Dumping the clutch at 5000 RPM on the way out of a family oriented fest with kids nearby?  You’re a special kind of stupid who needs to be talked to when located at the next show. 

• Like 8

" I don’t blame them at all. There’s unwritten rules and codes that demand strict compliance at these shows.  I can’t tell you how much it impresses me to see kids at shows who stand with their arms behind their backs as they lean in to take a closer look. I always compliment them and their parents in such instances. "

However, I have watched a child take their ice cream and go all the way down the side of a show car and the child's parents did nothing ! ( Thankfully NOT my car , everyone is still breathing )

• Like 9

On 2/20/2024 at 7:44 AM, Mike said:

These were two friends of mine in a 71SS. Blueprint 496 motor. I was rolling my 70 with a 550hp 454 and we did some burnouts for the bikers. I was right in front of this car and saw it happen in the rearview mirror. The throttle stuck wide open. The owner hit the brakes hard but there was just too much power. Neither guy had seat belts on and are both banged up, passenger more so. We got a good look at it after, linkage was stuck open under the air cleaner. Not sure how the hell that happened. Springs wouldnt pull it back and they were new 2 years ago with the engine install.  We drove these two black Montes to the Turkey Run for years and tag teamed all over Daytona. This put quite a damper on it. We had just left the track on the way to the hotel and swung by Main Street for a quick burnie. Side note, lots of cars were pulling out of the Daytona Speedway and squealing tires. The cops were pulling them over, but there were so many they ran out of cops LOL. Daytime pic back home, sad times.

20240101_113045[1].jpg

I've saw yall for years down there together.  What's the plans?. Hopefully he had coverage 

Then there’s the poor owner of that nice crew cab that just happened to be in his way. If it’s not totaled then it’s going to have that Carfax blemish that will definitely hurt the value if it’s later sold. Foolish antics. 

• Like 4