A Knight in trouble

Capri's 71 SS

I got the news about this today also, my heart sank when I heard this.

I had to replay my voicemail several times to realize it was really Ronnie that was being talked about.

I immediatly called his phone, and his nephew answered the and told me he was there in ICU with Ronnie and his wife, I told them to tell everyone I said hey and we would be praying for him, he did say it was not looking good. frown

Me and Ronnie had gotten to become very good friends, I've been fortunate enough to know him since 2006 at Bristol. Everyone likes Ronnie, he gets along with everyone.

Last time I talked to Ronnie was right before the first of the year, I usually would call more often but since I started work I just haven't thought about it as much, he had just had the engine rebuilt in his Monte Carlo, and was thinking of coming to my get together this August, since he was also not gonna make the East Meet.

We'll all be praying he pulls through, I'm not gonna give up on him, you can't, I wont.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, reading through this thread... Ronnie sure sounds like a great guy. Very sad news, indeed. I will pray for him and his family during this difficult time as well.

Dave

I guess nobody has heard anything more on this.

Kevin, it sounds like you knew Ronnie and his wife very well. Rather than a number of people bothering the family in this difficult time would it be possible for you to take the lead and keep in touch with them and let us know how Ronnie is doing.

Rob

What terrible news. I really enjoyed hanging out with Ronnie and Phillip at the last 3 Eastern meets. I was looking forward to seeing him in June. Prayers going out to him and his family.

Carl

Phil called me and said they cut Ronnie's oxygen level from 100% to 40% which is good that means he is breathing on his on some. He also moved a little in the bed. And kind of gripped Phil's hand about the strength of a small child.

Regardless good news and an improvement from the last few days, but still on life support and in a comma.

I was asked by club management to call and keep contact with the family and I spoke to Glenda. To represent all of us in showing our support, etc.. I told her that the club has many friends who think the world of Ronnie and many thoughts and prayers have been sent that way.

Glenda informs me that Ronnie is still in guarded condition but they did a procedure on him which is giving new reason for hope! He is starting to wake up; he crossed his feet and is starting to move his hands a bit. There is some brain activity, so the procedure they did on him worked, according to Glenda. She told me they are not outta the woods yet, but these new happpenings are beginning to give some hope.

I am very glad to be able to report this. Hope we continue getting progressively good and better reports.

Kevin - so thrilled you were able to speak with Glenda and report some uplifting news. I hope all our prayers continue to push him in the direction of recovery. PLEASE keep us posted.